OT: Count To A Million Game!

7361 well why not there sir?? his post was a good candidate for a dislike button. no one wants to buy a new motor:/

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member

Have to look into it.

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

7364 @War_Panda04 i am right there with you.....Saving up for new motor in my 04 sti :( right now figure its gonna cost about $5500....saving up sucks when your toy has to be parked.

7366...i still start her up once a week and drive her to the store to keep all the seals on the rest of the car lubed. I hate letting things sit and usually take stuff out of production before it has to sit, or when its on its way out.

7368... @War_Panda04 you have a build list yet for the new motor, and i take it you are having someone else install it. For me i am doing everything except for machine work, as i dont have the machinery for that. Decided on Cosworth pistons, and rods, ARP hardware for head studs and case half's, still trying to decided if i am gonna go with aftermarket valves and springs or go with OEM ones. but yea i understand the cost escalates really quick. shoot rods and pistons alone gonna run about 2k for me......

7368 on a side note I might be able to play in the snow in my car we r suppose to get some snow. well technically it's snowing right now but not sticking to the roads:/

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
7368... @War_Panda04 you have a build list yet for the new motor, and i take it you are having someone else install it. For me i am doing everything except for machine work, as i dont have the machinery for that. Decided on Cosworth pistons, and rods, ARP hardware for head studs and case half's, still trying to decided if i am gonna go with aftermarket valves and springs or go with OEM ones. but yea i understand the cost escalates really quick. shoot rods and pistons alone gonna run about 2k for me......

7369 dont have full list yet but off the top of my head it was cosworth pistons and rallispec rods, arp head studs, rallispec street spec block and to rebuilt my heads. rallispec will prob do the install as i dont have proper tools and space to do it myself

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
7370 - One day I'll get there as well. It's tough when your other hobbies are just as expensive. :lol:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
7371 - The reoccurring conversation going on inside my head is: "I hate making these decisions! Put this $500 in my built motor fund or build a custom rifle. Why is this so difficult?!?!".

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
7371 - The reoccurring conversation going on inside my head is: "I hate making these decisions! Put this $500 in my built motor fund or build a custom rifle. Why is this so difficult?!?!".

7372 - Meanwhile, 5 minutes later...

"Oh look, H.R. 4269 'Assault Weapons Ban' has just been introduced into the House of Representatives. Well, that makes this decision easier. I guess the built motor will have to wait." :rofl:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member

COLD ❄

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!