Phenolic spacers

toomes

So I have some phenolic spacers from Grimmspeed, 8mm's. I have currently no gaskets in between the manifold and the spacer and no gasket between the cylinder head and the spacer. I have read that you don't need em, you do need em...honestly, the material is hard but spongy at the same time.

Do you think it is a best practice to have a gasket on EITHER side or BOTH sides or something. I feel like I should have one on both sides personally...:oops:

On topic addition (directly from the Grimmspeed website):
In stock form your engine has a steel gasket between the intake manifold and engine which allows the heat from the engine to quickly transfer into the intake manifold. By replacing this steel gasket with the GrimmSpeed? Phenolic Spacer you are greatly reducing the transfer of engine heat into the intake manifold.

-Steve

Oh shit!!! I forgot. I meant to post a weeks aogo what WOULD have saved me hours.

Take the three peices, stack them, and put some dots of superglue on the sides (not inbetween the pieces but on the edge so that you get a line go glue touching all three sections.

This should hold it together just enough so that the 3 pieces wont slide around independently.