Pitch stop

mudfoot

I installed a Perrin pitch stop yesterday. I was really surprised at the difference over the stock one. The shifting is more precise as well as eliminating the engine movement. So far I haven't noticed any addition noise, harshness or vibration. I'm a happy camper :tard:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Good deal! :D Now get some groupN mounts and some shifter bushings and you will be further amazed!

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Let me know how it goes, I plan on completing the same mod when I get some time and nice weather.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
So, what is the pitch stop supposed to actually do that it improves overall feel?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Keeps the motor from moving, and removes vibration.

Love it on the 04 STi.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Looks like pitch stop, tranny mounts, and some other things are in store this summer!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Their awesome. You'll feel the difference.

sacnvz

Reviving this thread. [MENTION=3379]mudfoot[/MENTION] how's the pitch stop holding up? Did you ever get the tranny mounts?

Anyone else install the pitch stop since this thread?

Before I go crazy with engine modding I'm planning to start with suspension and upgrading bushings and mounts.

I put one of these on last Friday.

Fairly straight forward. Remove the intercooler and you are looking right at it. A swivel 14mm socket will make your life easier if you do this job.

When I took my old one off, I discovered the original one had a dried bushing that was starting to crack, so I was pleased that it needed a new one anyways. That made my purchase feel smarter. :)

The perrin stop is metal and about 4x heavier and thicker, and much more stout that the original one which is plastic!
Holding both in each hand, the original just feels pathetic.

sacnvz

I put in the Perrin one last month. I noticed the difference right away in city driving. getting out of first is much smoother and 2nd gear pull feels much stronger. its like the car feels more connected to the road. next up for me is the shifter bushings which are sitting in a box in the garage and the transmission mount. after that suspension upgrades.