Projected numbers?

icudruln

You can also plug in your logs into virtual Dyno software. At the end of the day, you can measure your size as many ways as you want, but unless you're happy it doesn't matter.

This.

I would've guessed right around 300/300 on Harvey's dyno. Where I was tuned, they used a Dynojet...reads a bit higher. If you're happy with the car, that's what matters.

I'd be curious to do some dyno testing, going around to different dynos and doing a pull to compare, but that'd run $75 or so a pull. Considering I'd test a Mustang, Dyna Pack, and Dyno Dynamics, that's a good $230. :lol:

RcmaSTI

This.

I would've guessed right around 300/300 on Harvey's dyno. Where I was tuned, they used a Dynojet...reads a bit higher. If you're happy with the car, that's what matters.

I'd be curious to do some dyno testing, going around to different dynos and doing a pull to compare, but that'd run $75 or so a pull. Considering I'd test a Mustang, Dyna Pack, and Dyno Dynamics, that's a good $230. :lol:

I was up in Parker a few months back and dropped in at Mac Autosports. He had an opening to do a base pull. I'll need to get my chart to verify but I believe it was 241/269 vs 242/271 on Adam's Dyno. The difference is that my GR was wearing my Winter's at Mac's and Summer's at Revolutions. There is about a 13whp difference in most cases based on tires; from what I hear. Mac's has a Dyno Dynamics I believe.
So IMO ,hypothetically, I could have pulled 254 whp on my Summer tires in Parker.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Honestly I try not to get all caught up in the dyno numbers game any more. They really mean nothing in the real world and the readings are a good reference as a tuning tool and that's all. My philosophy has been to simply find a dyno and stick with that dyno only to gauge the progress of my car over time.

The only real way to measure the output of the car without measuring the HP at the crank is the 1/4 mile IMO.

jswansti

The only real way to measure the output of the car without measuring the HP at the crank is the 1/4 mile IMO.

I can't wait to get to the 1/4 mile this summer now. I'm a better driver since the first time I went, and I wanna see what the gains in my time are with everything i've done. I dont care what people say about our cars being meant for cornering, the 1/4 is still a blast! My best back then was like 14.3-14.5 I think (remember that i'm a little over a mile high too).

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I know what you mean. I came from a long line of "Go Straight" muscle cars and then went full circle and got one of these. Though I love going around corners at knuckle whitening speeds I miss the sheer face distorting gravity of a good straight line launch.

Which is why I have shifted focus for my car and am gearing it toward the track. The thing I like most about this type of car is I can be pretty competitive in just about any motor sport. They are not the best at just one thing... They are great at everything.

I can't wait to get to the 1/4 mile this summer now. I'm a better driver since the first time I went, and I wanna see what the gains in my time are with everything i've done. I dont care what people say about our cars being meant for cornering, the 1/4 is still a blast! My best back then was like 14.3-14.5 I think (remember that i'm a little over a mile high too).

jswansti

I come from a similar background also. Im the only one with a car thats actually meant to go fast while turning the steering wheel. Brother has an '03 Mach 1, '71 Charger. Dad has a BA built '01 Mustang Bullitt, and '69 GTO. I broke out of the family with an import haha.