Prosport AFR Data Logging

I purchased the Prosport Wideband Premium White Pointer 52mm Air Fuel Ratio kit a while back and I am just getting around to want to log with it but cant for the life of me figure out how to go about logging with it. It has an output harness for the Uego Controller that has a Brown Wire for 0-5v output signal, Black for ground and Green for 0-1v output signal. What is needed to get this think connected to my computer so that I can log with it.

If it has bare wires like the AEM you will have to solder them to db9 connector. Then use a db9 to USB serial connector to get it as an input to your laptop. Are you opensource?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
[MENTION=662]Batmobile_Engage[/MENTION] He can help! So can [MENTION=1507]Spamby[/MENTION] !

Is this Prosport useless to me and should I get something else to datalog with and if so is there anything out there I can get that wont require me to purchase another gauge and o2 sensor since I have those already?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
The problem with the Prosport's output is that it is a 0-5v output. It needs to be an RS232 signal. It is possible that it is useless for your purposes because the software you are trying to log with only excepts RS232 input.

Let me do some research. The key here is to convert the 0-5v to a usable rs232 output. I can do this with an Arduino but I would rather see if there is something out there already that you can buy before I start another Arduino project.:tup: