Rattling in engine

Justin

I've been hearing rattling in my engine bay usually once I go over 2500 RPM checked all fluids, and made sure nothing was in there like tools, any help would be much appreciated

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
If you see nothing obvious then there might be something worse going on. Can you have someone rev the engine while you listen for the noise? Do you have an oil pressure gauge?

You can probe around the engine with a long screwdriver held against your ear.

Justin

I've had someone Rev it while I was checking and it sounds like it's coming from the inercooler but it's nothing obvious, and I don't have an oil pressure gauge

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
I second the heat shield attention. Not only the up pipe, but also the header and the turbo heat shields. The intercooler itself could be a little loose. If you remove it, look closely for signs of metal on metal abrasion.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
The intercooler doesnt have that much to rattle in/around it other than heat shields as people have mentioned. If you had the IC off recently, there could be something inside the IC (tools, acorns). I've never heard a blown turbo, and doubt it would sound like a "rattle," but its in the vicinity. You'd probably notice a lack of power if that were the case.

If it's not the heat shield, check to see if the souls goes away when you press in the clutch. Assuming it's a stick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also a video with said rattling would be helpful as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justin

Just to give yall an update, last night all my lights on my dash turned on, the rattling intensified, and now when turning it on it stutters alot, almost like it doesn't want to start, going to probably have to take it to a shop