Silver Bullet 2004 WRX STI

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I see that the tag says AEM. Didn't know they made one. It looks exactly like my Cobb one!!! Hmmmm! :fuji: Who stole from who?! :lol:

A 3 port EBCS is better than the stock 2 port crap at controlling boost. :tup:

Yea it came with the arm boost controller my car came with when I bought it about 7 ish years ago. Also seems mine has a low resistance of 11.4 ohms while the stock one has a resistance of 30.6 ohms. So I will have to put a 20ohm resistor in line to make the ecu happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I didn't have any 20 ohm resistors but had this broken DVD player that I took apart and look at that. Two 10 ohm resistors. Time to de-solder and solder them in series.

32f6ea63c812d129396d4c9cbdcdb04f.jpg

So far so good.

31e4e492a8ee77b0cd11fa2da435082f.jpg

deed0da4a54171f8b8d28d10783bc76e.jpg

b775b5e17d7deae82967c8c4b65b8d1a.jpg

19408f9ee409bda3046c41f118903731.jpg

b555f74f2ccae785d160fd53e04e98b6.jpg

Now let's solder it to the EBCS and check resistance.

Original resistance of stock EBCS

08ce6c7fb97030cb65d8a31660831bd2.jpg

And now the arm one with the resistors in place
965031fab11f8e856fce0f0001498189.jpg

caea77d7898377ed13273bb1655a1daf.jpg

Now let's test her with 12v

And no looks like the coil has issue or not spec'ed for 12V time to order a new one.

Edit scratch that looks like the battery was just low from door being open. Time to wire in and test

All back together And it works. Seems like the boost comes on a little lower as well. Can't wait to get the rest of the tune finished by holy. 300 miles to go before I do that though. Hate engine break in.

So next area of improvement is injectors and fuel rails. Stock injectors can only take the deadbolt 20g so far. That being said, anyone have any injectors and fuel rails they are willing to part with. Ideally 1000 cc injectors and top feed rails/lines would be best. Already have top feed tgv's deletes, from an 07 STI that I plan to finish soon. Need to find an aluminum welder.....

So that being said if anyone has any injectors to help this project along let me know.

So now that the car is running and things are starting to fall in place time to start doing some other maintenance on the car.

First things first bushings. Since 2004 the bushings have never been changed and its hitting 140K+ miles. So the mileage combined with the age of the car its time to start tackling this maintenance. Also the front drivers side is starting to clunk when driving over bumps and/or pulling into a drive way etc.

So that being said time to start looking for bushings front/rear. Anyone here have any experience with any brand in particular? Looking for input so that i can make a educated decision on which ones to go with.

So Calling [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION], @doppleganger, [MENTION=1]IGOTASTi[/MENTION], [MENTION=1172]Alin[/MENTION] and anyone else that has some good input to throw my way.

Thanks in advance.
Raven/Ian

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Our 04 has all Whiteline bushings. Nothing better in our opinion. ?

?Join us as Lifetime Platinum Member today!?

Also did front bushings, regressed front shocks and added zerk fittings but forgot to take pictures

So now that the car is running and things are starting to fall in place time to start doing some other maintenance on the car.

First things first bushings. Since 2004 the bushings have never been changed and its hitting 140K+ miles. So the mileage combined with the age of the car its time to start tackling this maintenance. Also the front drivers side is starting to clunk when driving over bumps and/or pulling into a drive way etc.

So that being said time to start looking for bushings front/rear. Anyone here have any experience with any brand in particular? Looking for input so that i can make a educated decision on which ones to go with.

So Calling [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION], @doppleganger, [MENTION=1]IGOTASTi[/MENTION], [MENTION=1172]Alin[/MENTION] and anyone else that has some good input to throw my way.

Thanks in advance.
Raven/Ian
I just saw I was tagged but it didn't tag me and unfortunately I wouldn't have had any personal feedback and would have said go with a polyurethane bushings. So which bushing brand did you go with and did you notice an improvement?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I just saw I was tagged but it didn't tag me and unfortunately I wouldn't have had any personal feedback and would have said go with a polyurethane bushings. So which bushing brand did you go with and did you notice an improvement?

Went with energy suspension poly bushings. I am a bit shocked but the ride is now softer than it was before. Most likely due to how bad the old bushings were to begin with. Still have to do the rears and can't really push the car at the moment because I am still tuning. However current thought is that the butt-o-meter likes it so far.

Went with energy suspension poly bushings. I am a bit shocked but the ride is now softer than it was before. Most likely due to how bad the old bushings were to begin with. Still have to do the rears and can't really push the car at the moment because I am still tuning. However current thought is that the butt-o-meter likes it so far.

Energy has been around for years and is a respectable company. Look forward to hearing more about your opinion after you finish up with everything.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Looking good [MENTION=5388]Raven32[/MENTION]. ;)