sti

JuanSTI

i mean i already swapped it the stock one was messed up the turbine was bad . so it probably is a boost leak .

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Ahh gotcha!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Just thought of something else...

The turbo might be getting to hot because there may be blockage in the coolant lines to the turbo. This could also be the reason for the initial turbo failure. You might want to check those lines.

But don't forget about the leak test either :tup:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Hmmm. Id have to see this car at this point. Something aint right.

I agree... What is your take on the wooshing sound he is hearing. This one has me concerned...

Yes it is cuz when i got my new turbo they filled it all up and i doubled checked so it was full . so the only thing i dont get is the noise it makes ? and i also have a lot of power loss it doent feel the same at all its really slow now and i havent done a full tune up either . so how will i check to see if i got air in the system?

JuanSTI

ok how this started was i think i ran it for like a year an a half on low coolant, then about a year and 5 months ago i hit a rock, and it messed up my oil pan so i took to a shop they fixed so when i got it i ran very hard just to test it out keep in mind it still running on low coolant, so right after i ran it hard i here a big clack sound like something hit, so i keep going and the check engine turns on and bout 5 min later i here that loud swoosh sound and only happens when its 3 rpms or higher so keep driving it for a while like 2 or 3 days then my turbo goes out and i bought a new one and put it on and heard the same swoosh sound so i stoped driving it . i couldnt try to fix it till now cuz i didnt have any money . but thats pretty much how it went down.

armygeye

Sounds like an air bubble to me, that noise is made when the air is being forced through the thermostat making a wizzing sound or even a slight whistle. Might want to burp it.

JuanSTI

actually what also has me worried is the noticeable power loss could that also be the air bubble ? and also i havent done the full tune up service could that lead to power loss ?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
actually what also has me worried is the noticeable power loss could that also be the air bubble ? and also i havent done the full tune up service could that lead to power loss ?

I would get a tune up ASAP then go from there.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Please keep us updated on this issue.

JuanSTI

ok so the thing was that the turbo i bought for 100 was no good so thats what was making the noise and everything else looks to be fine except for needing my tune up but wont be able to do till i save money cuz i just spent all my money on a bigger turbo . but hopefully everything goes well and thanks for your guys suggestions.

JuanSTI

noise is gone now car is heating up and my friend thinks it is head gaskets and now that i have to do that what else can i get to replace or check to fix it ??

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Does the fan turn on? Have you tried to replace the thermostat? Also does it smoke any white smoke when it starts up?

JuanSTI

fan turns on no smoke i havent done the thermostat but it takes about 45 to an hour tho heat up my friend tried burping it but also when i took it to a shop about a year ago they told me i had blown head gasket . so i couldnt drive my car before for more than 15 min cuz of the bad turbo so that thats fix it overheated

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I would change that first.