Sway Bar Adjustment Advice

Ok, so for a quick recap: I installed Perrin Sways in my GR (I think it's a GR :)) with Kartboy endlinks a couple of weeks ago. I've gotten a chance to push her a bit in some sweeping corners, and I'd like to dial the sways in.

I've got 22mm in the front, set to the softest setting, and 25mm in the rear, set to the stiffest setting. I have noticed a bit of desire from her to oversteer (which is what I was aiming for), and while she hasn't broken free yet, I could see it happening. So, now the advice question: If I wanted to dial back the oversteer a bit, should I stiffen the front first or soften the rear?

(I've made no further mods to the suspension, as a note)

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
[MENTION=1507]Spamby[/MENTION]

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Both stiffen the front and soften the rear. In most cases the lighter sway bar is always in the rear. This has been how every car I ever had was set up for the street. Others may have other opinions though and I am not a suspension expert

I have mine set to the stiffest setting in the front and the middle setting in the rear. She will barely want to over steer when I push her real hard. I found that when I put it on the stiffest setting my lap times were actually slower because I was unable to keep the ass end from coming around. So to answer your question I would stiffen the front and leave the rear. Then test it, I mean really test it in a open parking lot or something

Grinder34

Track Monkey
So to answer your question I would stiffen the front and leave the rear. Then test it, I mean really test it in a open parking lot or something

Are you having front traction issues at all, particularly on a hard corner exit? If yes, soften rear. If not try to stiffen the front, but look out for traction issues on the front inside wheel.

Ideally, sign up for an Auto-x, and do the morning with it one way, and the afternoon with it the other. Parking lots are great, but without guidelines (an actual track, actual times) its hard to really tell whats happening.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Soften the rear and see what she does.
Then stiffen the front.
Watch out for traction issues, like grinder suggested.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Well if were gonna have track talk, wheres [MENTION=1868]Boogieman98[/MENTION] ?!

Well if were gonna have track talk, wheres [MENTION=1868]Boogieman98[/MENTION] ?!

Oh I'm here Alin. For Auto-x event you will want both front a rear at there stiffest setting. This will make the car over steer but that will make it easier to make those tight turns. The rear inside wheel may leave the ground on occasion but should not hinder your times. For HPDE I would go with the set up I mentioned before in my previous post. For every day driving I would leave the front on the softest setting and put the rear in the middle setting.

I'm actually doing another track day at Texas World Speedway this weekend. I will post up pictures and videos of the day. There is a 2015 WRX owner that signed up maybe I will recruit him. Might even give him one of those awesome wrist bands I go from Alin. ( oh Alin I wanted that pick-up tube! You bastard!!! Haha)