GR t00mes Mineral White Metallic Varis Widebody 2011 GR

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member

GA Scooby

:lol: Yeah the Voltex pieces are incredibly awesome. I suppose the aero on these GR's are just to much to handle for the bespoke japanese parts makers to deal with.

toomes

My only motor death story was a 30 mile drive with 2 pistons cracked in half with 7/8 exhaust valves bent (I swear I didn't over rev...okay a lil!!)

The car chugged and chugged but didn't quit until I got the front wheels INTO the garage and it stalled out to never turn over again:tard:

STimedic

I will make this as transparent as I can, because I battle inside everyday and these forums seem to be the only way to vent it out.

My old car was a mountain of adversity for me. It was a problem, a journey, a triumph, a defeat, a trophy and a roller coaster all at the same time for me - almost simultaneously with my life. I think the connection I had with a piece of machinery is one that almost anyone outside of the community simply cannot comprehend. Car simply because an extension of yourself and a money pit to boot! I would do it over in a heart beat, but at 27, I am not sure it's the smartest idea until I purchase a house and living in New England - especially Massachusetts, $$$$. If this year's break neck schedule, positive feedback from management pay off and HR accepts the bid, a position I have been gunning for will be created and life will take a turn for a rewarding career. We will see how 2012 goes...I am sure I will still buy a few trinkets for the car here and there, despite what the wife has already expressed her disgust over.:tard:

I feel for you. It is for this very reason, this feeling of being connected to my car, the way I've worked on her, the way I've molded her into an extension of myself, the way it feels to accelerate and the way when I shift it feels as though I'm reaching into my transmission and shifting with my fingers. She is my first Subaru and the only car I've kept til paid off. There is no amount of money that could be offered to buy or replace her. My wife won't let me ever even think of selling her for the fact that she doesn't think I'd know what to do without her. I feel for your loss and am glad you have another!

toomes

Trying to decide if the gains/importance of pro-tuning are better than just sitting on the Stage2+ tune I have right now. I know it will be BETTER, but if only 5% meh...is the OTS map really that unreliable, rich, etc that the car can't compensate and leave it alone.

toomes

My learned inclination tells me to not trust the OTS map - but my fear is that I am going to start logging and start tweaking and then want to head down the path again. I think I will take it for a logg - my good friend Tony has a tailpipe setup with an AEM that we can hook up and get something accurate. It will be on my list of things to do this coming month. I am also going to build out 2 of my shortblocks I have laying around to flip them since they are collecting dust.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I just had my car on the dyno and never thought of trying that. I totally forgot the AP had that.