GR t00mes Mineral White Metallic Varis Widebody 2011 GR

toomes

Thanks Jordan, I put my winters back on this weekend after a busy work week and then got the car setup for a tune tomorrow. Going to get rid of the OTS map and plan my next adventures for the car. I think I might just go for safety and handling for a while, the tune will be enough to hold me over. I have aspirations about building a short block and maybe just doing a green with a big top mount. Also still on the fence about upping the compression and sleeving the short block.

toomes

So my personal christmas present might be internals... I know the car only has 3500 miles on it, but just something inside of me just wont shut up.

Eye balling:

BC 625+ rods
Cosworth bearings
Wiseco Pistons 99.5 / 8.9

For budget build #1

toomes

Dyno and reflash

Well, it was time to put the car on the dyno finally. I was unsatisfied with the lack of security from the COBB map and frankly knew that my STi had more in it. I got with a very, very reputable tuner - Brendan Griffin and we(he) had some really great results.

AP was unmarried and then a baseline was conducted. From the results you can clearly see substantial gains.

Dyno.jpg

This was the best pull of the day:

A few HDR shots from the day:

Dynoprep.jpg

Dyno2.jpg

Last edited:

toomes

So my buddy Ande's car finally hit the Dyno for a Bren Tune and he is stage 2 as well with me. Car put down 320/320 on a Mustang Dyno. Now the retest. At me tuned and him still sitting on the COBB leaned out OTS map, we pulled dead even from 2-4th in my car and 1-3 1/2 in his car with him getting the bite too.

The mod journey may begin back and forth with us very soon :)

toomes

I kicked it back and forth alot, I will be doing a header and EWG for my next investment and then start the suspension journey. My searching has landed me at the Invidia Race Header that is equal length and also 42mm ID!! I would like to pair it with the Tigwerks uppipe and a 44MM EWG.

MR. Jordan!! GET ON DAT!

toomes

The 1.5 scroll header is probably a better option for me at this point in time since the costs will be significantly less and I want to be a good boy with spending money on the car. Invidia Race Header

b82982f3fb9b1e820ef54403df8eb019.jpg

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
What's the price of this header?

toomes

I think the next limitation on the 2011 is going to be the pistons for now. I am at 19ish PSI and don't want to push them to hard. The stock boost controller seems to to really well, along with the TMIC - the largest yet.

toomes

I wont up the boost past 19/20. I just haven't had successful results, so I probably won't need to touch fueling until that point. My injectors were at 80% duty cycle.

Vermont

I was fine at 21 psi with the VF48. Remember they're more efficient than a VF39 and the TMIC is bigger. It made some decent results with a peak of 21 and holding 19 to redline. I overran my injectors and upgraded both that and the pump. I actually made it so torquey that she would spin all 4 from a 10 mph roll in first gear just mashing the gas.

How did you hold the boost at 19 too redline? I am running an ewg and 850 injectors and cant hold more than 17.5 too reline man. You up the timing in the later load sections?