GR t00mes Mineral White Metallic Varis Widebody 2011 GR

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Very nice toomes. The mod bug didn't leave you did it? :lmao:

toomes

I HAVE A SITUATION TO TALK ABOUT, but I have to make a phone call tomorrow before I can release details, lol!

toomes

Snow Fun!

So it took a while, but Massachusetts finally got some friggin' snow!! I took advantage of it :)

5d981f7f.jpg

3a02ad8e.jpg

f9bbdd2f.jpg

Good times.

P.S. Sorry bearings :(

toomes

Now for the good stuff, TIGWERKS EWG!!

Now for the good stuff! 99% of the time I specifically order everything through Jordan @ Defined, but in this instance, I had to specifically order an item that was carried by an amazing individual. His work is nearly unmatched - Kelly @ TIGWERKS. I picked up his up-pipe with EWG flange recently and will be installing it with a 38MM TIAL MVR/Grimmspeed EWG bracket. He is also working on a cross pipe replacement that looks absolutely amazing and I will be going after that once he finishes it.

He has more stuff going on over @ https://www.facebook.com/Tigwerks
On to the glorious!

c4aea5df.jpg

553c23fa.jpg

88b0acae.jpg

ca30c59a.jpg

ca30c59a.jpg

75450996.jpg

1b24b332.jpg

Paul.c

Very nice. I love to look at pretty welds. Sometimes I will get my mountain bike on the work stand and just inspect all of the welds.

toomes

I am started to get a pile of stuff that is on deck to be installed!! Time to get crackin' on all the small stuff.

toomes

Current tune is 325/365. We will be moving back to COBB and tuning the 38MM waste gate in the near future. Keeping this car relatively tame for the time being. I am pretty happy with the DYNO results considering my car has an intake and a TBE - much stronger than my 2007 was at the same stage. It is a far cry from 26psi on a PTE6262 with a golden motor and golden cylinder heads....but we live and learn :)

toomes

Finally got my side skirts in from BlackTop Aero, first pair came snapped in half :) !

Snow tomorrow, but will probably throw them on within a week or two. Also still waiting for my EWG to show up. Have everything else ready to go! TUNE as well afterwards to stretch some legs up top. I might just be lazy and leave my car at Kizen Tuning for the whole install since I will be scheduling the bushings to be pressed out and I have no where to work on my car anymore.

toomes

Well...not much to update since my wastegate has no sign of showing up any time this century. In the mean time, Bren and I have been tuning my car on a regular basis moving from RomRaider to COBB now that he has a license for it and man, I swear even with the same settings and same EVERYTHING....the car just runs happier on COBB. We have a lot of stuff ironed out for what I would consider a moderate Stage2 tune, the car isn't extremely aggressive, but it's not the OTS Stage2 Map. It is beyond what we originally did on the dyno as well, since the first graph I have is without exhaust AVCS.

That being the case, with his latest touches, the car is HAULING ass. It literally throws you out of the seat when you get off the gas after throwing you into the seat as it is making peak torque and then leaves you pressed in. This usually scares me because every time I have made a post like this, a week later, Subaru says F U. I am pretty confident this time that I have a factory freak.

* Jordan and I got together again and I picked up a Grimmspeed 3 port EBCS and some Perrin engine dress up goodies to keep me at bay for a few more weeks while we try and track down a 38MM Tial.

** The accuracy of the COBB dyno still baffles me. My buddy Ande got tuned on a Mustang DYNO and then we compared the COBB to his results - they were within 1/3 HP and TQ of the dyno run. He did 4 or 5 pulls back to back and they gave the same numbers over and over again. Moving onto my point, after the latest map I installed today I threw down:

347WHP @ 5334
396WTQ @ 3413 (LOL)

The turbo is moving 300g/s of air, which seems to roughly support the 347WHP number.

*** The clutch was giving up today on the hard pulls, which also seems to support the large torque numbers - I finally got a clean pull in for the above numbers. No big kid knock for the WIN!

Paul.c

Very nice numbers. I saw that you were having issues getting a waste gate and I was gonna say 'just ask Jordan'. Seems you already have. Good luck, errr, I mean Break a leg, and keep us posted on what happens.

Vermont

Well...not much to update since my wastegate has no sign of showing up any time this century. In the mean time, Bren and I have been tuning my car on a regular basis moving from RomRaider to COBB now that he has a license for it and man, I swear even with the same settings and same EVERYTHING....the car just runs happier on COBB. We have a lot of stuff ironed out for what I would consider a moderate Stage2 tune, the car isn't extremely aggressive, but it's not the OTS Stage2 Map. It is beyond what we originally did on the dyno as well, since the first graph I have is without exhaust AVCS.

That being the case, with his latest touches, the car is HAULING ass. It literally throws you out of the seat when you get off the gas after throwing you into the seat as it is making peak torque and then leaves you pressed in. This usually scares me because every time I have made a post like this, a week later, Subaru says F U. I am pretty confident this time that I have a factory freak.

* Jordan and I got together again and I picked up a Grimmspeed 3 port EBCS and some Perrin engine dress up goodies to keep me at bay for a few more weeks while we try and track down a 38MM Tial.

** The accuracy of the COBB dyno still baffles me. My buddy Ande got tuned on a Mustang DYNO and then we compared the COBB to his results - they were within 1/3 HP and TQ of the dyno run. He did 4 or 5 pulls back to back and they gave the same numbers over and over again. Moving onto my point, after the latest map I installed today I threw down:

347WHP @ 5334
396WTQ @ 3413 (LOL)

The turbo is moving 300g/s of air, which seems to roughly support the 347WHP number.

*** The clutch was giving up today on the hard pulls, which also seems to support the large torque numbers - I finally got a clean pull in for the above numbers. No big kid knock for the WIN!

Are you still on the stock turbo dude?

toomes

Okay, so I went back for another dyno session, I ended up spiking hard on the dyno and we redialed in the car (was hitting 390 but dangerous boost 21/22 psi). Car is still doing 325/365 now, but its HOLDING the torque for a crazy amount of time and my HP is actually FLAT up top, which means we picked up 23HP at redline. So happy with the results for nothing more than TBE and an intake.

The future:

Injectors are maxed out, top-mount is maxed out. Possibly a fuel setup? I am definitely going to change my direction on the uppipe and sell it(no quality issues, just going to keep the stock turbo for longer and I am not even close to high WGDC - without even installing the Grimmspeed 3 port i have. I have decided to take a different route and get the Invidia Big Tube one piece header. I want to do something that is off the beaten path as usual - and I have heard some good results so far.

http://www.rallysportdirect.com/Invidia-Equal-Length-Big-Piping-Exhaust-Manifold-Subaru-WRX-2008-2011-STI-2004-2011

I really like this header for a few reasons. #1, mega bungs. I don't have to tap my DP, both the EGT, Front O2 and Wideband have already been laid out for me. #2, Big tubes should really help the efficiency of the motor allowing for less timing at the same power level. #3, I am not calling this a twin scroll design, it does resemble a 1.5 scroll design though. #4, Invidia has not failed me yet with any of their products. #5, Again, I do not see people commonly running this (could be a bad thing, but I will be the judge of that myself.)

I did recently install a Perrin Radiator shroud and it simply looks good. That's my main purpose, despite how much of an advocate I am of them as seen on my last car. With a 6262 @ 20 PSI, I would boost and the air being directed through the radiator was making the ECT go down visibly (LOL).