GR t00mes Mineral White Metallic Varis Widebody 2011 GR

toomes

Well after the accident with my 575whp 2007 OBP STi, I decided to stay in the game for another round, but take a different path. I chose to go with a 2011 SWP 5-Door STi and am loving every minute of my decision!

A little background on my previous vehicle includes not only a PTE6262 @ 26psi and 26 degrees of timing with Kelford 272 Race cams and ported heads, but quite a long journey of adversity overcoming many learning curves and a seemingly infinite slew of obstacles. The last car went through 2 motors before it ended up with its final revision and also 2 different turbos, intercoolers, blow-off valves, injectors ... everything was done twice. :roll:

This time however, low and slow, Subaru grumble and some flare is all I am out for. I want to be able to fully enjoy my car through the winter instead of covering it up for months and missing out on all the fun.

Dyno2.jpg

WBMHDRSTiHi-Res_zpsfae8d550.jpg

Steve-banner.jpg

Kaizenengine_zps244ad16a.jpg

Break-in miles complete, you know its time for some minor mods:

MODS
================================================

[820 miles] COBB Accessport, Stage 1
[1000 miles] Invidia Bellmouth Divorced-Wastegate, Catted Downpipe and Catback Exhaust, Stage 2 map from COBB
[1900 miles] AEM Wrinkle Red CAI, Stage 2+ OTS map from COBB
[2050 miles] Rally Armor Black Mudflaps/Red Logo
[4100 miles] Whiteline 24mm Adjustable Front Sway bar, Whiteline 24mm Adjustable Rear Sway bar, Whiteline Front Strut-Tower Brace, Whiteline 4 Point Lower Control Arm brace, Kartboy Front Endlinks, Kartboy Short-throw Shifter, Kartboy Shifter bushing Front and Rear
[4500 miles] Black TOP Aero Carbon Fiber Front Lip and Side Skirts
[6500 miles] Invidia 1.5 BigTube Race Header, Perrin Radiator Shroud and Alternator Cover, Torque Solution Pitch-Stop Mount
[7000 miles] Kartboy Rear Endlinks, Fortune Auto 500 Series Coilovers
[7500 miles] DW65C Fuel Pump, FIC 900cc Top-Feed Injectors with pigtails and adapters.
[10000 miles] Blacktop Aero Rear Spats (Carbon Fiber), Grimmspeed 3-Port EBCS
[12000 miles] Tomei Type-S FPR and new lines - octopus delete!
[13000 miles] Perrin Turbo Blanket, Mishimoto Heat Defense Tape on the Intake (Ambient IAT's now!)
[13600 miles] JPM Coachworks Shift boot, ebrake boot and arm rest. 3M Carbon wrapped dash center.
[14000 miles] DriveShaftShop 1p carbon fiber driveshaft.

SERVICE
[3500 miles]
5 Quarts of AMSOIL 5w30
[7000 miles] 5 Quarts of AMSOIL 5w30
[10000 miles] 5 Quarts of AMSOIL 5w30
[14000 miles] 5 Quarts of MOTUL 5w30

TUNING

[3550 miles] Bren Tuned @ KaizenTuning 315whp/360wtq
[4500 miles] Bren Tuned @ KaizenTuning 325whp/365wtq (HP now lays flat to redline! :tard:)
[8000 miles] Bren Tuned @ KaizenTuning (with header, fuel pump issues)
[12500 miles] Bren Tuned @ PSI (Dynapack) - 345whp/405wtq

Basically my little grocery gettah' picked up 20whp/40wtq with the addition of the Invidia 1.5 scroll 'big tube' race header, fuel pump and injectors. I think we are all pretty positive the stock turbo is flat out beyond any more gains.

PSI-FinalStage2PLUS_zps4d2d41da.jpeg

MODE
[WINTER] Yokohama Iceguard tires @ 225/35/18, stock BBS rims

5F6D017B-46F1-46B0-8004-C29E3E0ECA37-6950-0000048933472409.jpg

ECB600AA-AA95-46A2-A55D-B57E8C5E146D-6950-000004891ED9F4D3.jpg

[SUMMER] DUNLOP SP3 tires @ 245/40/18, AME TM02 Taper 18x9.5 +22:tard:

VIDEO
The car is having a pro tune by Bren above the OTS COBB Stage 2 map. AEM intake and Invidia TBE

Next post is for 2013/2014.

Last edited:

toomes

That was 2011/2012 in a nutshell. Taking a look back on 2013, it was an amazing year - my car was featured in Import Tuner April 2014, thanks to Daniel Olivares and his majestic photography (http://www.dan-olivares.com/)

19-Shifter_zpsbb8ba9af.jpg

17-STATUSseats_zpsd214da65.jpg

15-STATUSseats_zps743fbbdd.jpg

16-STATUSseats_zpsbdbc5089.jpg

18-Rear_zps81c07285.jpg

14-Front_zps83d0309c.jpg

1+-+Front+Quarter.jpg

13+-+Rear+Quarter.jpg

4+-+Profile.jpg

5+-+Collage.jpg

6+-+Engine.jpg

7+-+Front+Fender.jpg

8+-+Front+Lip.jpg

9+-+Wheel+CU.jpg

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I'm so glad your back in the game. Love ya bro! She is a beauty!

toomes

Grillecraft?! No thank you!!! I thought those products looked so yucky. I won't be putting any grills in as far as my plans go. Once my coils go from my '07, I will be getting ready to purchase a set for the '11 and then the rim selection begins. I am torn what to run. I loved my Advans so much, I almost want to run them in the winter....

YES I SAID THAT.

toomes

Okay...Exhaust on my car...MINT. Deepest sounding exhaust I have ever heard. Doesn't compare the the sound my last car made...but that's an entirely different story. I love it. It almost get's quieter as the revs go up. The best sound is between 1000RPM and 3200RPM!!

On another note - I installed a downpipe on an EVO X this weekend. F, THAT, SH*T. Worst experience ever. My car took 45 minutes for a full turbo back, my buddies car took 2 days for a friggin downpipe and mid pipe.....

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
What Invidia exhaust did you go with?

toomes

Catted Divorced Bellmouth and Q300 Catback. I'll get some videos once the rain passes in the next day or two.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Catted Divorced Bellmouth and Q300 Catback. I'll get some videos once the rain passes in the next day or two.

Invidia exhaust FTW. I never got to hear a Q300 yet, so video will be nice.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Looks good pal. :thumbsup:

bugeye_fever

Okay...Exhaust on my car...MINT. Deepest sounding exhaust I have ever heard. Doesn't compare the the sound my last car made...but that's an entirely different story. I love it. It almost get's quieter as the revs go up. The best sound is between 1000RPM and 3200RPM!!

On another note - I installed a downpipe on an EVO X this weekend. F, THAT, SH*T. Worst experience ever. My car took 45 minutes for a full turbo back, my buddies car took 2 days for a friggin downpipe and mid pipe.....

Haha, I'd have to agree with you there. I helped a buddy put a front sway on his evo X, it sucked, had to drop the front subframe. Exhaust looked like it sucks pretty bad too!

STimedic

Nice! If your last STi is any indication of how this one is going to turn out, I can't wait to see the end result!

toomes

Honesty at its best

I will make this as transparent as I can, because I battle inside everyday and these forums seem to be the only way to vent it out.

My old car was a mountain of adversity for me. It was a problem, a journey, a triumph, a defeat, a trophy and a roller coaster all at the same time for me - almost simultaneously with my life. I think the connection I had with a piece of machinery is one that almost anyone outside of the community simply cannot comprehend. Car simply because an extension of yourself and a money pit to boot! I would do it over in a heart beat, but at 27, I am not sure it's the smartest idea until I purchase a house and living in New England - especially Massachusetts, $$$$. If this year's break neck schedule, positive feedback from management pay off and HR accepts the bid, a position I have been gunning for will be created and life will take a turn for a rewarding career. We will see how 2012 goes...I am sure I will still buy a few trinkets for the car here and there, despite what the wife has already expressed her disgust over.:tard: