The Batmobile!

EviljokerSTi

So I'm back from my hiatus!

For the past 2 months I've been working out some issues with the car that nearly made me sell her!!!

So back in january i took my car to Akuma to have the new aquamist kit installed and tuned and a couple of other bugs worked out. All worked out perfect...so i thought, after getting the car back in mid january i didnt get to drive it b/c of the weather, so i would start it from time to time and take it out if there was absolutely no snow or anything on the ground. Well my inspection was coming up and i had a CEL that wouldnt go away and was causing me to fail the inspection. I called up john and asked him what i could do, he said bring the car down and he would do what he does! GREAT!!! fastforward a week later...
I'm at akuma john takes the car and his computer and starts doin his thing about 20 mins later he says we are all set to go! Awesome! so i thought! no more than 20 feet out of the parking lot i try to accelerate to pull into traffic and the car starts bogging and stalling violently. I turn back in and WHAM another CEL. John checks it out..Cylinder Lean Bank #1, was the code that came up. John and the crew did some trouble shooting but couldnt find the cause of the problem, but it gave us the clue that it was a fueling issue so it heped narrow down the search. Well after 3 weeks of changing this and replacing that and swapping out those for these, I nearly called it quits, until i called a buddy of mine who has built numerous subies. I tell him my fueling issue, the first question was... "did you change the fuel filter when you did the walboro?" me..."what fuel filter?" well low and behold i take the fuel pump assembly out and voila the intank filter was black and grimey! cutting my fuel delivery to almost nill!

WARNING TO ALL SUBARU OWNERS! IF YOU HAVE AN STI WITH OVER 25K MILES ON IT CHANGE THE FUEL FILTER!!!! THIS CAN CAUSE SERIOUS PROBLEMS AND IS A PROBLEM THAT SOA AND SUBARU NEVER REALLY MENTION!

So After chaning the filter the car was back! but only problem was that now with the uber clean filter more than enough fuel was being used so i was running rich but the car drove fine with out getting into boost. I called john back and told him what the issue was and we scheduled a retune.
While the car was off the road tho i changed a few things, like i swapped out the 04 center console for and 05 STi center console. swapped out the blue STi carpet for the black charcoal carpet and some exterior tweeks and also put ina set of 5 point harnesses and harness bar, for track season (which i most likely wont ever go to but just in case)

So I'm not posting numbers b/c i like to keep some secrets. Took this video last week of the retune @ Akuma
217288_10150160098343657_503703656_6633444_6537590  _n.jpg

On a side not in no way am i saying any of this was akuma's fault or they caused any of these problems. These were just luck of the draw problems, or should i say bad luck problems that were inevitable! John and the rest of the crew at Akuma could of not been more helpful to me! John's tuning is amazing and the skills that he and his team have for building reliable and fast cars is second to none! THANKS AGAIN GUYS!

on to the vid (the car was tuned for 23lbs with 70/30 meth/wat. and man did it make some power!)

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I wish you would have posted that problem back when you had it. We have seen that problem and that would have been the first place I would have told you to go also. Welcome back.

EviljokerSTi

I wana know about this deer. :x

I will be honest, when i fist read your thread, i thought your after pictures were the small pictures in the first post. But anyway, I like the Flat. Maybe i should run into a sign, so i can have the balls to paint mine flat black.

Ok so story about the deer, Last year begining of spring time me and the girlfriend and the dog, were in my car driving through some back roads to her parents house, from mine. well driving along when i look ahead and see about 12 deer crossing the street. I had enough time to stop, and let them pass. well after the last one past and i started to go, my GF screams out "DEER DEER DEER!!!!!!" so i slam on the brakes and i look ahead and see nothing well the deer wasnt ahead of me it was behind me! and if i didnt stop the S.O.B would of ran right by, but no since i slammed on the brakes i stopped right in his path and it slammed into the driver rear door. So i get out and the piece of shit is lying in the road flopping around. (Now i am a licensed firearm owner with a CC permit) So pissed off and in the middle of the nowhere i pulled my 1911 out from under the seat and put 6 bullets in the little bastards head! dragged his dead ass off to the side spit in his face then drove off!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
That's ok. Next time just ask.

EviljokerSTi

So The shit keeps on coming!

Quick question, for the past week I've driven the car, but not hard. I've just drove it like a regular car. Now the car starts up just fine when its a cold start, but if i stop to get gas or something and shut the car off for a minute or 2 when i go to start it back up it idles like shit and is rough. almost like its about to stall out. and out of like 5 times this has happened 2 times it threw a code of cylinder 1 misfire. COuld this be my spark plugs or coilpacks or both?

EviljokerSTi

I know this is a stupid question but how do i log? I'm not so savy when it comes to this stuff. GEORGE IF YOUR READING THIS HELP ME!!! lol

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!

EviljokerSTi

Thanks George, I'm gonna have my tuner Email me the Map he made for my car, he said he logged the car that day when he took it on the road.

icudruln

Sounds like my car. P0301 Cylinder 1 Misfire and a P0371 Bank 1 System too Lean. I ran fuel injector cleaner, replaced cylinder 1 coil pack, replaced front air/fuel sensor (o2 sensor), still the same shit, just got rid of the misfire. I'm waiting for my tuner to take a look at the tune. FWIW, on my datalog's (thanks to George for helping me :) ), my A/F Correction and A/F Learning were each around 12-13%, which is no good.

EviljokerSTi

I had the bank 1 lean code but that was fixed when i changed the fuel filter. The misfire only happens during the rough idle's that occur after driving the car for awhile shutting it off then turning it back on again shortly after. I'm wondering tho if its throttle its self. I'm gonna take the car out tonight or tomorrow and start logging.