The General

Well I'll start off by saying I don't really plan to build the ever living piss out of this particular subie due to it being 1 of only 100 of the 2013 special edition tangerine pearl orange STi's in the USA. They did not come numbered which makes me a sad panda so unfortunately I don't know which one of the 100 I have but what can you do?... #specialeditionproblems

But I do plan on doing some things and since I have found this forum and fancy you folks I have decided to put my diary of the General here. Yay!

So to start with the General was purchased from my local dealer and was paid on before even arriving on the truck from Maine I believe.

I was there the day he arrived waiting all day anxiously for them to finish his fresh off the truck check in and special dealer things they do to them.

And no lie when they were done and I got to take my rare prize home I felt like a total badass! I also felt like everyone in their brother was staring at me and my newly aquired neon orange car! Lol this is the first car I have ever owned that wasn't a "typical" color. I'm usually more of a black, grey, silver or white kinda girl. But after having it for a year now it has grown on me greatly and I my General!

Now the fun stuff I suppose...

MODS! the suspense is torture isn't it?

Lol

Its how I feel knowing that I have to plan carefully for this car and save, save, save and save some more to get goodies! Lol

Ok ok I'll quit dragging this out but don't get to excited just yet it's a simple and short list thus far, as I am a mom first and home owner second, and well you get the point, other things sometimes come first.

1st ever mod was the most important in my opinion. My Cobb APV3 with the standard off the shelf stage one map. And omg ouch at the nearly $600 bones to get one blah! #nessecaryevils

2nd my deatschwerks high pressure fuel pump up grade that was an amazing valentine's day gift from my honey. #gearheadcouple

3rd 20% tint. I hate riding around in a fish bowl. Lol

4th this thing subaru calls a vortex generator. Really really wish they would call it something else! It sounds so lame and makes me laugh and feel like I belong in one of the star wars movies as I say it. But it is pretty on the car and I think actually supposed to help with carrying the wind over the rear wing better.

5th one of my favorites so far is my Go Fast Bits hybrid bov. Vroooooom piiiissshhhh! You totally just did that in your head didn't you? Bahahaha it's ok I do it to.

6th my super light weight super sexy orange lug nuts from NRG Innovations. I freaking love these and they set off my black wheels so nicely!

7th my Gorilla Offroad Company mud flaps. He was willing to do a custom color for me and did them in of course orange. Its not like I don't want to stand out in the crowd or anything right? Lol

8th The factory deck just wasn't doing it for me so I had a Rosen deck installed and as I am uber pleased with it looking like a factory unit because I didn't want some gawdy tacky bulk of radio on my dash, I'm not so sure I'm happy with its functionality. Stay tuned and I'll update later on this mod and give myself some more processing time.

Well that's pretty much it for now. But there will be more! I'll update after Christmas to see if I have scored any car parts! Getting excited for Christmas! I hope you all have enjoyed the read and hope that everyone has amazing holidays and a new year to come!

The Day of arrival!
4707b56431a50bcb55306ad65a1c1a68.jpg

Car selfie! LOL
3ac3515693a5dc920a2b401cf072e869.jpg

Just looking pretty!
5dacb1338f34a08555c7980b86439718.jpg

Go Fast Bits Hybrid BOV
e1a926b958efb3930bf7d40c60116c95.jpg

NRG Innovations Lug Nuts <3
af1a0f526d0a7e90c9e3c4c621e7b1b6.jpg

Just got the windows tinted! No more fish bowl!
bf03818e60fafd18320df43aff7d4435.jpg

Some fun for Halloween 2014
5e2c67c32dbd985637c16154f836fdfb.jpg

Road trip to VI to spend a week with my honey who worked up there at the time
6538d88a5ea65f64ac354774cfaf43ee.jpg

Again LOL Just looking pretty!
23e6a26c6e3abea9fc305972dbf36761.jpg

Gorilla Offroad Company mud flaps!
35bc759ca38248ba4c58b4bad0ddd1c3.jpg

47b6dc48d0b582abf189416473793fb1.jpg

DayI brought the General to his new home!
afd73c29c156d6ad2ba6c576ec3b4576.jpg

At Boxer4Racing to get the fuel pump upgrade!
634c80012e5fe9f6186fd64eb949bb2b.jpg

The General's bits are exposed!
86c04594f81f9ac11bcf63f84e9dfa9d.jpg

I spy a Teague! LOL
215e79a9a1b84aa3c64b0c3d7aecdbe3.jpg

Vortex Generator.... May the Force be with you! LOL
00053a8b8eeed1e92afd5e2bc30e6bbe.jpg

Yours truly in a red light madness moment with the kiddo! LOL
f429de04e4cb33b9d6421c4bc1ba583d.jpg

Mustang Brand AWD Dyno
Bone Stock Numbers
8decda417e4f643b1641348d8d793e1f.jpg

Mustang Brand AWD Dyno
After COBB Access Port V3 Install
Stage 1 COBB OTS Map
fe4c9f558e3fb45562f92d7c69225af2.jpg

Mustang Brand AWD Dyno
COBB Intake and Cold Air Box
Stage 1 COBB OTS SF Intake Map
Deatschwerks Fuel Pump
Go Fast Bits Hybrid BOV 50/50 vent

!!!COMING SOON!!!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
We're honered you would put your journal here.

If we remember correctly there is a way to tell what number you have. We will check on this for you.

We're honered you would put your journal here.

If we remember correctly there is a way to tell what number you have. We will check on this for you.
Thanks! I'm happy to be here.

I've looked into this numbered situation and no one has had any luck with figuring out the VIN numbers one fella even contacted Subaru over in Japan to no avail. They just say they're is no way to tell or track it. So I dunno....

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
We have a rep we talk to monthly and he's in charge of products so we're going to ask him.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Car looks grand! Love the fact you went with orange flaps! :tup:

Interested in the numbering of the vehicle as well. Ill see what i can find out later on today.

TK-421

I work with a lot of subaru's. See a lot of subaru's, but never once have I seen a Orange special edition in person. Definitely a unique thing. Shall be interesting to see what direction you go with it, definitely has piqued my interest in following along on your build journey here.

Car looks grand! Love the fact you went with orange flaps! :tup:

Interested in the numbering of the vehicle as well. Ill see what i can find out later on today.
Yes I love my flaps. They were a little different then I was expecting when I got them but with the custom request I couldn't beat the $90.00 shipped I paid for them. They are a slightly flexible hard plastic material with a vinyl over lay. And they came with all the needed mounting hardware. So I won't fuss. I did contact Rally armor to see if they would/could make me a rubber set of flaps in orange or black with a orange logo at least. I'm still awaiting word from them on that. I have to say I do like the entire orange flap better then just a orange logo though. So I'm crossing my fingers they can make orange. The guys at Gorilla Offroad Company are awesome to work with also. They make a lot of rally inspired things such as light bars and such for subies as well.

Yes I hope they can find out info on the numbers.

I work with a lot of subaru's. See a lot of subaru's, but never once have I seen a Orange special edition in person. Definitely a unique thing. Shall be interesting to see what direction you go with it, definitely has piqued my interest in following along on your build journey here.
See! It works! Bahahaha!

Fabtastic, glad to have you along for this journey. I enjoyed your journal so far as well. Well if you come to the Tail of the Dragon Boxer Take Over you can see it in person. I'll be there with bells on. Google it. It's an amazingly good time!

TK-421

See! It works! Bahahaha!

Fabtastic, glad to have you along for this journey. I enjoyed your journal so far as well. Well if you come to the Tail of the Dragon Boxer Take Over you can see it in person. I'll be there with bells on. Google it. It's an amazingly good time!

Honestly, after the two days I just had...... I will never ever step foot in Tennessee ever again..... Single handed the worst trip I've ever had in decades. If you want to know nitty gritty details.....PM me I'll explain further.

But there is other chances to see the car, at places like, boxerfest, Subiefest, and H2oi if your interested in any of those things, I'll be there at those events, just not Tail of the dragon.

Honestly, after the two days I just had...... I will never ever step foot in Tennessee ever again..... Single handed the worst trip I've ever had in decades. If you want to know nitty gritty details.....PM me I'll explain further.

But there is other chances to see the car, at places like, boxerfest, Subiefest, and H2oi if your interested in any of those things, I'll be there at those events, just not Tail of the dragon.

Oh nooooo! Im sorry to hear! Kinda how I feel about Virginia. I despise that state! Sadly they hold those events just to far out of my reach usually :-( so Booooooooo to that!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Ok, this is my speculation because I can't find anything either.

wrxsti13_windowsticker7.jpg

The last 3 numbers on this vin are "212". My specualtion is that 000-200 are the WRX and 201-300 are the STi models. Other than that, Subaru definitely screwed up by not numbering them. :( :tdown:

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Thanks! I'm happy to be here.

I've looked into this numbered situation and no one has had any luck with figuring out the VIN numbers one fella even contacted Subaru over in Japan to no avail. They just say they're is no way to tell or track it. So I dunno....

Paint code number may be the only telling code on the vin plate. Won't be many with your digits.

Ok, this is my speculation because I can't find anything either.

http://www.cars101.com/wrxsti13_windowsticker7.jpg

The last 3 numbers on this vin are "212". My specualtion is that 000-200 are the WRX and 201-300 are the STi models. Other than that, Subaru definitely screwed up by not numbering them. :( :tdown:
interesting. But yes totally flubed not numbering them. I'm not even sure if the launch editions ate numbered either. I know there are 2 of them here in Asheville but 3 were sold here of those.

Thanks for researching it some though!