The General

WesternSTi

The Music Man
You look familiar... Lol. Glad another WNCScoobs member made it over to IGOTASTI! I knew I recognized the name of the car

You look familiar... Lol. Glad another WNCScoobs member made it over to IGOTASTI! I knew I recognized the name of the car
Well hello fellow WNCSCOOBS member! Lol Now help me figure out who you are. It's a pleasure to be here. These folks are great so far.

Woot wooooot! Scored some go fast goods for the General from my honey beau! I'm super excited and can't wait to get it installed! Any one have experience with the COBB cold air box, tips n tricks to make installation smoother?

Merry Christmas everyone!

a28ad9859392591bf8b0b338b1ad30ac.jpg

So I got my cobb intake and box installed today with my Honeys help and upon removal of the factory air box I find this giant container of some sorts attached to the bottom of it! Wtf is this for? Blinker fluid rofl? But no seriously what is it? Lol

1519ffa54c4d9f85e7e78d93c6c9811c.jpg

4f3c2c5c18a8493305d745eb83c14e62.jpg

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
That's the silenter for the intake. :tup: They are a lot bigger and uglier on the 04-07. :lol:

I was like wth is this thing bahahaha! Good to know! And oh man I'm going to have to Google it to see! Lawd what a waste of plastic! Glad it's gone! And omgeeeeeee. I can hear turbo noises now! Yay!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Don't remove the blinker fluid bottle.

TK-421

Hmm you might be interested in all of the parts that I've removed from my STi since it's gone back to stock. I've got a bunch of goodies in storage now.

TK-421

BC Racing Coilovers, HPT Motorsports VS Front Lip, PTP Turbo Blanket, Cobb Heat Shield, Forge By Pass Valve, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Invidia Q300 Catback, Prosport Unequal Length Header and Uppipe, Cobb Double Adjustable Short Throw Shifter, Shifter Bushings, Perrin Reverse Lockout Lever, Flossy Black Grip Tape Weighted Shift Knob, Also have the Cobb Intake with air box and Cobb AP, but already know you have those things.

BC Racing Coilovers, HPT Motorsports VS Front Lip, PTP Turbo Blanket, Cobb Heat Shield, Forge By Pass Valve, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Invidia Q300 Catback, Prosport Unequal Length Header and Uppipe, Cobb Double Adjustable Short Throw Shifter, Shifter Bushings, Perrin Reverse Lockout Lever, Flossy Black Grip Tape Weighted Shift Knob, Also have the Cobb Intake with air box and Cobb AP, but already know you have those things.
[MENTION=4577]TK-421[/MENTION]
You have in deed caught my attention! Pictures? Prices? Purdy please. Penny for your thoughts on each item I listed below that you bought?
Did you like it or love it and why?

What purpose does the unequal header serve (still learning here) and if you don't mind if you know the difference between the unequal and equal?

I am mostly/greatly interested in the following:
BC Racing Coilovers
HPT Motorsports VS Front Lip
PTP Turbo Blanket
Cobb Heat Shield
Invidia Catted Downpipe
Invidia Q300 Catback
Uppipe
Cobb Double Adjustable Short Throw Shifter
Shifter Bushings
Perrin Reverse Lockout Lever

What were the immediate differences that you noticed?
More rarrrrrr! Lol. Throttle response, more hp, dunno exactly how much but definitely feels like there is an increase, and of course turbo spooling noises and fluttering sounds ♡♡, slightly lower intake temps.

Going to see if I can get my buddies with the Mustang all wheel drive dyno that my car was on last time to see if they will do a couple pulls for me with Dale to find out what the differences are with each step that I take.

Dale did a few bone stock pulls once 5k miles was on the General, and he was putting down 209 to the wheels. Then same day we installed the APV3 and and did a few more pulls to see 227 to the wheels. So I'm definitely curious now to see what the new numbers will be with the intake installed now. Just have to make time to get over there with Dale.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
209? What dyno was this one? Normally we see 220-240 stock whp. How did tq look?