The Post Whore Thread!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I am most interested in this project..... can't wait to see what type of EM you are going to use.

That would be AEM V2. :D I'll make it so I can put everything back to stock for emissions or I was looking into an OBD simulator. I know some people using them to pass inspection.

there is a lot of win in the HTA3076 just saying

I will be going Turbonetics or Precision or Garrette The prices and the features are just more attractive :tup:

SSJBaku

yeah im still recalling ally my old dsm knowledge, going to shoot for a base tune this weekend on DSM Link, previous owner has AFR all jacked up

SSJBaku

no i have not, ill take a look into that in the AM while the wives at school, pregame to more tuning articles....this so would be easier with phone a friend, but no one here :( in savannah there aren't too many good subaru guys around, usually i have to explain exhausts to people and be treated like i am the greatest thing ever for exhausts...

SSJBaku

dsm link is relatively easier, rate now all im going to do is get the AFR's right so its safer for him to drive, ill dabble around with it once i load the map onto my computer and try to get a map with some higher boost levels ready to go

SSJBaku

yup just want to make it safe to drive, get used to it this time around let him get used to the car, its his first awd car, his first turbo car....wait its his first car haha, always been a truck boy, so im going to give him some time before i crank up the boost to where it should be

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
George, you're telling me about the emulators! I'll come and torture it out of you if I have to!

I have a link to some obscure website in the UK that sells them. I will send it to you when I find it. There are many OBD simulators out there but most of them contain logic that tells emission stations that it is not real. The ones I found in the UK circumvent emissions. You can program them with your VIN and set multiple outputs and pass code readiness checks.

By no means am I saying this is right and it is certainly illegal, However NY gives me little recourse. My plan is to run E85 and tune for economy, drivability and emissions first and then have a separate tune for the track. In my eyes I am improving emissions and fuel efficiency on my vehicle but I know NY would not see it that way. Regardless I don't feel one bit guilty knowing my intentions.

ever thought about looking into a Holset Turbo, DSMs have been running them for years with success and they are cheap cheap cheap! just a thought

You have peaked my curiosity kind sir... I will definitely check it out!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Not much cheaper than others I have been looking at for my car specifically.

Fuji :lol: I have a huge issue with room. I definitely will not be able to shoe horn that thing in my car. I was looking at some of their smaller VGT's but I'm not sure what I'm looking at or where to find them... I still have allot of research to do.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
you can fit an extra two cylinders and a turbo and you're worried about room?!

Where would I put My AWIC??? :lol:

Because I'm gonna do it! I know it has been done everywhere else but I have yet to see someone do it to a 240.

Or maybe I should just say fuck it and go for broke with a nice LS swap