Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Now those are fogs!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Yeah thats a good deal if brand new. Used theyre like $500 still!!!

DownforceTom

Too much to justify in my book. Fingers crossed I can get the switch & relay off this craigslist partout I found. $20 seems reasonable, yes?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Too much to justify in my book. Fingers crossed I can get the switch & relay off this craigslist partout I found. $20 seems reasonable, yes?

Very! Gogogogogo!

DownforceTom

I hate dealing with Craigslist, it's never as simple as it should be. Seller has a product, I offer money for said product. Seller now has to pull the item from car and can't do it until the weekend. Seriouy, this job doesn't even require real tools & I have to wait 4 days. I offered to pull it myself(ha!) but that's a no go. Whatever, beggars & choosers and stuff. I decided to change the fogs on the LGT tonight & that was a dumb decision. The cars too low to get underneath & I'm to lazy to jack it(ha!) so I decided to go in from on top(ha!). The long story short, don't buy a car the first model year it's out. New bulbs lit up once, fuse is good, I'm frustrated.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Craigslist is great for deals and negotiations. You do get a jackass every now and then but its to be expected. After all it is craigslist.

I would say start with the switch since its cheaper. Especially used.

If its the relay, hopefully itll be cheap! :lol:

DownforceTom

I told her to sell it and buy an STi or Corvette, that's what she wants anyway. Realistically, we're gonna fix it, keep fixing it and make it her daily when its paid off(soon). Then we'll actually get a s2k or a vette or something like that for beach trips.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I told her to sell it and buy an STi or Corvette, that's what she wants anyway. Realistically, we're gonna fix it, keep fixing it and make it her daily when its paid off(soon). Then we'll actually get a s2k or a vette or something like that for beach trips.

Say whatttttttt?!!!!!!

Ap1 or ap2 s2k? Whats average price?
What gen vette? Whats price range?

If sti, what year? I know price ranges :lol:

Say whattttt!??????

Thats awesome! :tup:

More women need to have that kind of taste and desire!!!

DownforceTom

I vote either for the s2k, I like c5 vettes but she's adamant about hating their interiors & STis she'll take any but is preferential to a gr hatch.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I vote either for the s2k, I like c5 vettes but she's adamant about hating their interiors & STis she'll take any but is preferential to a gr hatch.

S2k are very nice. Unfortunately i dont fit in them. I fit just perfect in a brz though! :lol:

Lately i have been looking at 2011 mustang gt. They are low $20s with under 20k miles.... Dude... Now thats a bang for your buck if you dont give a rats ass about gas.

My next car needs to be a rwd performance machine!

S2k keep their value just like sti does unfortunately.

I have no clue on vetter pricing but im sure its still up there.

Why are you leaning over an s2k?

DownforceTom

She wants an srt8 jeep when we have kids. My STi is paid off, her LGT is almost paid off. We want to get something fun for just us next. After that we'll worry about family stuff.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
She wants an srt8 jeep when we have kids. My STi is paid off, her LGT is almost paid off. We want to get something fun for just us next. After that we'll worry about family stuff.

You can definitely have a lot of fun. Thats for sure! :tup:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Motorcycles aren't out of the question either. A pair of his & hers bobbers woulde pretty awesome.

So now its either 2 motorcycles or an s2k huh?

I say stick to cars. I have my temps and ride my dads bmw 1200c from time to time and im a crazy mofo. The amount of people on the road that dont pay attention is too drastic. I feel way safer in a car than on the motorcycle. Its up to you obviously but i would rather drive a car 10 times out of 10. Shits too dangerous!

:(

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Bad switch or relay is what I'm thinking now for the LGT...any guesses?

You could temporarily wire the suspected bad component (relay/switch, etc.) out of the circuit as a troubleshooting method.