The Post Whore Thread!

Piratemosh666

I'm not very nice to it, but I don't pound the piss out of it either. My trip to work is rather short at around 20 minutes round trip, depending on traffic.

VF39s fail. It's not uncommon, but it doesn't happen all the time either. I had help with diag. from a friend that works at a local Subaru tuning shop that sees this stuff day in and day out. I never really thought to question the diagnosis as I had seen the evidence for myself.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Do you have the crack inside the wastegate?

Kind of odd at such low mileage to have it on the edge of retirement.

Well like you said. Deception for the wife. :lol:

Piratemosh666

Never pulled the DP to check for the typical wastegate crack, but I'm sure it's there. I had enough evidence that the turbo is on it's way out from pulling the intake and intercooler. It is odd, which is how I reacted to it at first, but never the less here I am looking at replacement turbos and Stage 2 + parts. I've managed to keep it all under $1,500 which is wife friendly. . . . especially since she thinks I'm just doing it for maintenance's sake.

Anyone looking to sell a used V2 AP? lol

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
What do you want to pay for a used v2?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Go on facebook. Search for a subaru group thats nationwide strictly for parts. Theres a few $275-$300

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Do you have the crack inside the wastegate? Kind of odd at such low mileage to have it on the edge of retirement.

My VF39 cracked right around 32,000 miles. Though it was obvious that it wasn't operating as it should, it was next to impossible to see the crack unless the turbo was removed from the vehicle. I suppose if you had a borescope or a good inspection mirror and light, you might be able to see it just by removing the downpipe.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
How???? Thats so early on!!!

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
How???? Thats so early on!!!

I wish I knew. If it hadn't have shit the bed, I might have had it rebuilt with a billet
wheel instead of swapping in the GT30.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Let's crush your GT30!!!!!! :tard:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Lololol you're crazy. I really like that GT30 and I think it will suit my future power goal well while maintaining a somewhat early spool. It should make at least 450whp I believe.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Downtown for a ball game. Always liked the city at night.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396667467.794921.jpg

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Be careful out there!!!

pVwBcXk.jpg

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I check up on Skeeler every few months. Badass for sure! Gives us a lot of hope, A LOT!!! :lol:

What's his most current mileage?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Just turned over 300K.

We're friends on FB.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Front strut bar is off. Leave off?

Since it doesnt do too much?

Changing some shit around.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Front strut bar is off. Leave off?

Since it doesnt do too much?

Changing some shit around.

That totally depends on how your suspension is tuned. Mine is off right now and I feel that I oversteer more without it, however with it turn in is more crisp.