The Post Whore Thread!

Vermont

I think our government definitely needs to shift focus to our education sector also. You can blow all sorts or money preparing for an attack on our country and new technology to protect us, but that's an "if or when" situation. You can't go back and fix the shitty education a kid received growing up because we were too afraid of being ill prepared for an attack. Im not saying do away with defense by any means, I fully support all our veterans and armed forces. I know where we'd be without them and we all owe our freedom to them. But a slight shift has to be made in government spending eventually to get out of this shithole economy, which means more educated and higher educated individuals driving our economy through innovation.

I compleatly agree with you except for one thing, screw vets those guys are ass holes...

Back on topic we spend overa trillion dollars a year on defence. That is more than all of nato, china and Russia combined. If we took even a third of that money and put it to our economy and education, it would make a world of difference.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
No politics allowed

Z1107

Its the post whore thread, why arent politics allowed, and mark its not that i watch foxnews, its from being a cop and working for medicaid, thats where i got my viewpoints.

Vermont

for some reason people get butthurt....

Something is wrong with me... this 4loko is not making me happy....

Thats what the second one is for....

@holycrap- Don't worry we will keep it civil (kinda, maybe)

Im highly offended by that whole medicaid statement

Por Que?

@Z1107- On a lot of points it seems me and you do agree. I will say though that I do believe we are making a negative impact on out environment. I am fully for industry at the same time though. I am what you would call a conservationist. I like my fast cars and electronics, but in the same token I also love the out doors, hunting, fishing, and nature in general. The only way to have both of those things I feel is to press forward with technology and replace our dependence on Coal, oil, and natural gas fired power plants with nuclear, solar, geothermal, and wind power plants.

Z1107

Thats what the second one is for....

@holycrap- Don't worry we will keep it civil (kinda, maybe)

Por Que?

@Z1107- On a lot of points it seems me and you do agree. I will say though that I do believe we are making a negative impact on out environment. I am fully for industry at the same time though. I am what you would call a conservationist. I like my fast cars and electronics, but in the same token I also love the out doors, hunting, fishing, and nature in general. The only way to have both of those things I feel is to press forward with technology and replace our dependence on Coal, oil, and natural gas fired power plants with nuclear, solar, geothermal, and wind power plants.

I'm with you too on the conservationism, I just get sick of the end of the world BS.

Z1107

Love tebow! Ill be at Sundays game against the Patriots. Can't wait!

I'm a gator fan (even when I attended Univ. of Georgia) and never became obsessed with him, but it's pretty refreshing to see a star athlete conduct themselves the way he does.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Everyone being good over here? :rofl:

Vermont

If it wasnt for medicaid my wife and son wouldnt have insurance... My wife doesnt work full time so her company wont provide it... Non of the jobs I work will provide insurnace either... So until I get into the fd and my,wife finishes nursing school and gets a job it is all we have a choice in... So for you saying that medicaid is worthless is like saying I am a piece of shit cause I cant afford these outrageous 3rd party medical plans that are only going to go up because of obama care... I kinda agree about welfare though... But I understand why it is there... The rules about it need to be changed though...

Touche...

Let me rephrase my original comment, Welfare and Medicaid need to be revamped so as to prevent abuse in the system. Along with a slew of other public help programs. Unemployment being one of them.

jswansti

Speaking of tax dollars and such, hopefully ill get a decent return this year! I really have no idea whether ill own or not. Last year I got like $300 back from fed but owed state like $220, so I only netted $80. But its better than paying out!

Paul.c

I got $8k last year but that's only because of my first time homeowners tax break. This year I am sure I will owe, all because I am a hard working man with no fucking kids, and am married to a hard working wife!