The Post Whore Thread!

Z1107

So this is what happened to me Friday night. While traveling down to Atlanta a mini pulls up next honking her horn and indicating she wants to race to which I indicated no. She takes off gets in my lane and slams on her brakes clearly trying to piss me off. We get up to a group of slower cars and she brakes I dump it and pass her and weave through the group 13 mph over the speed limit and continue on my merry way when 5 minutes later I'm stopped at a light the mini pulls up next to me in the median with an unmarked Tahoe behind her with blue lights flashing. I'm thinking right on, until the cop yells at me to pull over in front of her, WTF. I pull over give him my license and wait for him to come back with an explanation. Wrong when he comes back he pulls me out of the car pushes me up against my car and starts patting me down, while a marked unit pulls up and the deputy stands in front of me with his hand on his gun as if I'm about to butt rape him. I get spun around to face douchebag deputy one who turns out to be a captain, who proceeds to tell me that he clocked me going 90 in a 55, to which I responded what did you clock me with LIDAR or RADAR, and that in Ga it's illegal for an unmarked unit to run traffic. So then he tells me the girl in the mini flagged him down saying I ran her off the road and she was chasing me down. Him and went back and forth for 20 minutes before finally cluing him in on the fact he was not going to have a good day if he arrested me for an unsubstantiated claim by a LEO unit in a vehicle not allowed to enforce traffic laws based on the testimony of a 3rd party who herself was pulled over to reckless driving. Conclusion: I walked free, no citations or anything else, the chick in the mini went to jail for reckless and superspeeder violations. Spoke to the sheriff today over the professionalism of his deputies much less a captain, and received an apology from him and the department after a review of the tapes.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Damn.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Way to get em Zach. :tup:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Nice Zach! This is exactly why I have a camera array in my car. I almost never have to explain myself because I usually have it playing before the cop even gets to my window.

Then I also have a voice recorder running from that moment forward. If I am accused of speeding excessively (Which I have) I then point to the Car PC that logs every trip and has the vehicle speed and time stamp.

Car PC's are the bomb :tup:

Vermont

Lol when you first said mini I some how thought mini van..... I was wondering the whole time.... Why was a mini van trying to race a wrx.... lol

I never get bothered about speeding or racing. Partly becasue I never speed or race.... :( The only people who ever try to race me are Porsche Boxsters here in VA, have had 3 so far that I had to skull stomp, nothing like beating down a 55 year old man in a Porsche :). I also had a guy in a Camaro SS (new one) who was once again in his 40s/50s with his wife in car. He was very embarrassed after I trashed him, so much so he ran the red light I stopped at.... I laughed. Other than that I never get kids in there hondas or minis trying to race me. I think the black on red look helps also the 5% tint probably makes them think I am a drug runner.... On a side note I get stopped almost routinely for my tint and my tinted tail lights.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Lol when you first said mini I some how thought mini van..... I was wondering the whole time.... Why was a mini van trying to race a wrx.... lol

I never get bothered about speeding or racing. Partly because I never speed or race.... :( The only people who ever try to race me are Porsche Boxsters here in VA, have had 3 so far that I had to skull stomp, nothing like beating down a 55 year old man in a Porsche :). I also had a guy in a Camaro SS (new one) who was once again in his 40s/50s with his wife in car. He was very embarrassed after I trashed him, so much so he ran the red light I stopped at.... I laughed. Other than that I never get kids in there hondas or minis trying to race me. I think the black on red look helps also the 5% tint probably makes them think I am a drug runner.... On a side note I get stopped almost routinely for my tint and my tinted tail lights.

You Never race?

Hmmm. I seem to remember a certain little EVO that you thrashed in Maryland

R3V

So mark... Do they look for the small children when they stop you?

Scott, she looks good wingless. I believe you can go darker on the tint down there in Florida also. Still running the limp map? :rofl:

Yeah, haven't had time to finish the tune yet. I want you and Gino to finish the damn tuning to be honest. You should move here regardless of the shop, it's an awesome place to live. Plus, I believe we have a spare room ready for rent. Tint is coming soon though, as soon as I find a new job making some decent money.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Yes my presence has that effect on people.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Vermont

Very true and hes like an old fart too, well over 30.... Honestly what you need to do is take him out back behind the shed and put him down.... Hes starting to stink.... :D

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Thanks to Ed, my addiction to Initial D has led me to put something related to it into my signature. :tup: