The Post Whore Thread!

jswansti

Ill have to look into that since I found out the tab on the lower passenger side actually snapped... I have no idea that happened, so now I have no way of refastening that nut at the moment. And its the tab that the nut screws into in the engine bay, not the heat shield itself.

Vermont

Ill have to look into that since I found out the tab on the lower passenger side actually snapped... I have no idea that happened, so now I have no way of refastening that nut at the moment. And its the tab that the nut screws into in the engine bay, not the heat shield itself.

There are three different options for blankets for us. Perrin, PtP and the make your own turbo blanket kit.... The Perrin you can get for a decent price from Jordan, I have heard some very interesting things about the PtP blanket, mainly that PtP are the people who make the Perrin blanket and thus they are exactly the same only one has a nicer name than the other. The make your own blanket kit can be a bit of a faff to get together but honestly if you plan on using the stock heat shield over it then go for it. As it will give you one more layer of heat protection, but by it's self with out any heat shield I am not so sure I would use the make your own blanket kits..... I am rocking the Perrin blanket on mine and love it. I would suggest getting more steal wire than they supply, as their instructions for wire wrapping the blanket are like most manufacture instructions and have no relation to reality what so ever.

Here are the different blankets (for the make your own blanket kit just message Grinder34 as he found one for a good price):
http://www.ptpturboblankets.com/
http://www.perrinperformance.com/p/298

Grinder34

Track Monkey
There are three different options for blankets for us. Perrin, PtP and the make your own turbo blanket kit.... The Perrin you can get for a decent price from Jordan, I have heard some very interesting things about the PtP blanket, mainly that PtP are the people who make the Perrin blanket and thus they are exactly the same only one has a nicer name than the other. The make your own blanket kit can be a bit of a faff to get together but honestly if you plan on using the stock heat shield over it then go for it. As it will give you one more layer of heat protection, but by it's self with out any heat shield I am not so sure I would use the make your own blanket kits..... I am rocking the Perrin blanket on mine and love it. I would suggest getting more steal wire than they supply, as their instructions for wire wrapping the blanket are like most manufacture instructions and have no relation to reality what so ever.

Here are the different blankets (for the make your own blanket kit just message Grinder34 as he found one for a good price):
http://www.ptpturboblankets.com/
http://www.perrinperformance.com/p/298

http://www.amazon.com/Thermo-Tec-15003-Turbo-Insulator/dp/B002TR9HQA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1344863032

That's what i got. Should we start a new thread about turbo heat shields?

jswansti

Well I tinkered around with the shield yesterday and I don't think it'll be rattling anymore. I couldn't refasten the bolt on the passenger side, but I messed with the bracket that snapped off and it shouldn't move much anymore. Also adjusted and refastened the bolts on the drivers side of the heat heat shield to minimize possible movement. Im intrigued by the blankets now too though, so I'll probably look at one of those.

Z1107

Just heard a conversation by some mtn hillbillies in rural north ga that really just blew my mind. Here's the summary, I'm smoking a cigarette in a waffle king parking lot while a large family of hillbillies are standing in front when a 03 corvette (base) pulls up and these hillbillies start going ape shit. One even thought it was a Ferrari. They huddle around this guy as he gets out of his corvette and barrage him with questions about his Ferrari, asking how much it was, and can the get a picture with it. The guy tells them it's a corvette so the lead cousin fucker asks to sit in the car for a picture (this guy is about 6'7 350lbs), to which the owner lies expertly saying the "racing" suspension isn't set up for guys his size, to which Cledus replies "what does that mean?" the owner gives the most perfect coup de grace, "you're fat!". Love it! Hahahahahahahahahahaha!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I can't stop laughing at this, I just don't know why!!! :rofl:

roflcopter.gif

Vermont

So today while heading over to my parents house, I found out that listening to certain types of music while in the STI is a very very bad idea.... Specifically Knife Party.... While said music was on, I decided that a four wheel drift in traffic was in order at a stop light.... So i'm in first gear waiting for it to turn green. It turns and I mash the throttle. Less than half way around the turn and the back end starts to come loose, I'm like awesome I'm ken block now! Then the traction control came down like a sledge hammer and shoved me back onto a straight line, just like that.... I have no idea how stupid I looked but most likely very stupid..... Moral of the story.... Turn off your traction control before attempting to have fun.

To be honest I was amazed at how well it worked though. We're talking WOT in first gear and the TC braked and shuffled the power around in such a way as to put the car back on a straight line, in seconds.... When it comes to over steer the TC WILL fix the slide. Under steer? Not so much...

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Thank god i dont have to worry about TC. 04 FTW!

Vermont

SO right now I am very very very pissed off....Loudoun county where my car is registered in (although I live in a different county) is trying to charge me a property tax of $556.82..... Just the very idea of Property tax pisses me the fuck off. Becasue I want to own something I need to pay the fucking government fucking god damn money? WHAT THE FUCK! Fuck this shitty ass state and fuck the god damn people who run it. Fuck them and every single god damn piss headed fucker who says I need to pay them to fucking own something. I can honestly say I am getting very sick and tired of living here. The traffic is horrible. The people are snobby fucktards. The government hits you coming and going. The cops are pricks who fine you for anything and everything. I regret ever moving out back here. I should have stayed in Colorado and said fuck you family. At least out there I never had to pay someone to own my god damn car.

Cliff note: FUCK VIRGINIA!!!!

Z1107

In GA vets don't pay any taxes on cars, tags, hunting/fishing permits, drivers license', or any permit issued by the state. Free for combat vets.

Vermont

In GA vets don't pay any taxes on cars, tags, hunting/fishing permits, drivers license', or any permit issued by the state. Free for combat vets.

Got an extra bed and garage space? Va hates vets.... not joking the state seriously shits on us. We get no benefits for college. Nothing for taxes or vehicle registration (unless you're active duty) and they try to tax the piss out of your income even when you're deployed. A friend of mine had Virginia try and with hold his tax return on the basis that he owed them money from when he was in Afghanistan.... Half a year later and he is still fighting it out with them. What makes things worse is this is one of the wealthiest states in America, With 3 of the highest income counties in America. Hell last year the state MADE money and turned over a profit.... Fuck they even tried to tax my Post 9/11 GI bill benefits, when they are already taxing my unemployment.... I seriously seriously hate this state and can not wait to move. Problem is they keep hitting me with more and more bills that I can't afford to move out and transfer schools anymore.... I am this || close to just saying fuck it and leaving country as a contractor and changing my address to Texas or somewhere like that with no state income taxes.