What the hell is this noise?

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Can it be lubricated? When the motor comes out next year for a build, the transmission will be getting work done as well. Which bearings should I replace? Throwout, pilot, etc.?

TK-421

Can it be lubricated? When the motor comes out next year for a build, the transmission will be getting work done as well. Which bearings should I replace? Throwout, pilot, etc.?
I'd replace both the pilot and throw out since it can be done for under $60 bucks in parts, you can put a small amount of grease on the input shaft, but I'd stay away from lubricating the surface of the throw out bearing, if the clutch disc is contaminated with any type of grease or lubricate it can cause it to slip.

Tighten up your pitch-stop, especially where it connect to the firewall and see if that shuts it up. I had a very similar noise right after I replaced my clutch to the ACT HDSS. Are you still on the stock motor mounts and pitch stop?

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Huh...that's interesting, I never would have thought of that. I'll have to check. My pitch stop is a Group N piece that was installed back in summer 2012; motor mounts are stock.

Yea, I had to upgrade both my motor mounts and pitch stop to group n because once the clutch started to grab, the engine would start to oscillate. I'll try and find the video I have of mine. Shit was crazy.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Looking forward to the video. I have group n engine mounts and torque solutions pitch stop ready to be dropped in.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
When we pull the motor next year, I'll most likely put in Group N motor mounts. The Group N tranny mount is nice too. You should check that out.

The motor mounts and tranny mount are pretty easy to replace while everything is still in the car. Just gotta jack up the motor like an inch. After replacing all of them I could definitely tell a difference in how fast the power gets to the ground. Not mushy anymore.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Reminds me that I need to get my torque solutions mounts in. I'm getting more and more driveline shock as time goes on.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Reminds me that I need to get my torque solutions mounts in. I'm getting more and more driveline shock as time goes on.

What is driveline shock exactly?

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
What is driveline shock exactly?

Bucking and lurching especially at high revs and low gear. Like when your cruising through a parking lot in first or second gear, on and off the gas, and she starts bucking back and forth.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Bucking and lurching especially at high revs and low gear. Like when your cruising through a parking lot in first or second gear, on and off the gas, and she starts bucking back and forth.

My car used to do that before georges tune. Ever since then it hasnt done it. Is that just a coincidence?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I just don't recognize that noise as being anything. I can't put my finger on it. Where does it sound like it is coming from?