Winter mode/Winter beaters

IanR

26016cb597e6efb5776f9d8b19c09ea5.jpg
sti gets parked for the winter and the 06 impreza comes out

TK-421

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416104657.217961.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416104666.150278.jpg

Since I don't have snow down here or temps below 60 at night most of the time.... I guess these would be my "winter beaters"

IanR

Too cold for my blood..... Too bad my STi has to sit in cold dark storage up north, I'd be pissed if someone left me in a cold dark garage for 6 plus months :rofl:
Haha right! I just don't trust the drivers up here, they see snow and completely forget how to drive

Jag Athwal

I live up North. Winnipeg, Manitoba I park my STI in the winters up here. One reason is the winters up here are brutal and we get pounded with tons and tons of snow. Last year we were in a deep freeze for about a month and half, where temperatures were -40, -55 to -60 with the wind chill. I've had alot of my friends with turbo cars struggle in those temperatures. So I've always had a winter beater this year got me a 02 Sentra SE-R.

IanR

I live in Minot, ND and yeah we get about as cold as you do, no fun and yeah its really hard on turbos at that temp. Just less to worry about if you park them

Jag Athwal

I live in Minot, ND and yeah we get about as cold as you do, no fun and yeah its really hard on turbos at that temp. Just less to worry about if you park them
Yeah no doubt. I'd have no problems driving my sti in this snow got the undercoating and what not but it's the -40 temperatures that hurts it.

SubieRyan

Living in Louisiana it's summer setup all year round!!! A few times each year though we get pretty sketchy freezing weather that makes driving on low profile tires somewhat exciting lol

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Blizzaks going on today. I've had about enough of driving in this weather with summer ultra-performance tires. :lol: It got a little scary yesterday.

TK-421

Blizzaks going on today. I've had about enough of driving in this weather with summer ultra-performance tires. :lol: It got a little scary yesterday.

Sounds like everyone got slammed with snow up there. Hope you all drive safe if you have to drive in trashed weather.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Yep. Bad out. ?

TK-421

Drive smart and drive safe guys! Seriously Hope everyone gets to and from where they need to go safely.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Rwd drifting session this morn! :tup:

TK-421

Rwd drifting session this morn! :tup:

You wouldn't catch me dead in my RWD in snow! But if I was dead I'd prob catch you in my RWD drifting, then I would have to haunt your sorry ass for the rest of your life.