YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY GRIND MY GEARS? Thread

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Holy shit man... Wtf... :doh:

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
I have never seen anyone waste as much time as these design engineers I'm working with right now. It's unbelievable. I can not figure out what is going on inside their heads.
Their part is not only failing the test in a HUGE way, but also isn't configured properly. So instead of fixing the issue and continuing on with the test, they decide to finish running the test the wrong way (~6 hours), then fix the part, then run it all over again.

What a clusterf***!

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Smart guys you have there. :rofl:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
That's like finding out in the first hour that you are putting the transmission in wrong...but deciding to finish the job before unf***ing the mistake and doing it all over again. :banghead:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
That's like finding out in the first hour that you are putting the transmission in wrong...but deciding to finish the job before unf***ing the mistake and doing it all over again. :banghead:

Good point!

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Stupid ****ers walking in the middle of the street. Walking across the street at midnight when there isn't a car in sight....not a problem.

Walking diagonally across the street during rush hour with a handful of vehicles stopping or swerving to miss you....problem.

Taking your sweet ass time when walking in the middle of the road....problem.

Giving me a dirty look when I yell out the window "C'mon b****! Get the **** out of the road!"....problem.

Speaking of people and objects in the street, why do I always see shoes in the middle of 7 Mile in Redford, [MENTION=3416]WRB_STi[/MENTION]? :lol: What happened?! Some doucher run right out of his shoe and figure...ehhh...**** it...I don't need that shoe anyway...?

Maybe he got hit and all that was left was his shoes lol. This is exactly why I moved out of Redford. Aint nobody got time for that.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I saw a few shoes when i was crusing around the day i was over! :rofl:

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Mosquitos. I've never hated a living creature so much. Damn these diabolical winged creatures of vampirism. They suck your blood and leave you itchy or worse yet, with West Nile virus.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Mosquitos. I've never hated a living creature so much. Damn these diabolical winged creatures of vampirism. They suck your blood and leave you itchy or worse yet, with West Nile virus.

...or malaria, yellow fever, chikungunya, denge fever...etc. etc. etc.

The list goes on...

http://www.mosquito.org/mosquito-borne-diseases

Btw...before you plan a trip somewhere that requires anti-malaria drugs, talk to your doctor about all the nasty shit that drug can do to you. My last ship ran out of the drug, so I never received it, but saw many of my friends suffer side effects for a month.

Last edited:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Holy shit thats fucked up.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
...or malaria, yellow fever, chikungunya, denge fever...etc. etc. etc.

The list goes on...

http://www.mosquito.org/mosquito-borne-diseases

Btw...before you plan a trip somewhere that requires anti-malaria drugs, talk to your doctor about all the nasty shit that drug can do to you. My last ship ran out of the drug, so I never received it, but saw many of my friends suffer side effects for a month.

Just the west Nile and chik v in my backyard, that I know of?

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
It's possible that you could have Denge in the area, though not highly probable. Every so often there are small Denge outbreaks in the Florida Keys.

We had an officer on my first ship get Denge from a mosquito bite while on deployment...probably when we were in and around Indonesia. It doesn't kill you...but you wish you were dead for about a month. He eventually came back to the ship, looked like hell, had lost 20 lbs. or so...but was okay.

The Keys would have far more cases of mosquito borne diseases if it wasn't for the Monroe County Mosquito Control Board. They spray ALLLL THE TIME with helicopters and specially designed trucks. Once you get out of the populated areas that get sprayed the most, the mosquitoes (and No-See-Ums) can be absolutely terrrrrrible. I've been all over the world and there is no where I can think of that is as insect infested as the uninhabited mangrove Keys.

I shit you not...I would rather cover myself in honey and hike naked through the jungles of Thailand than spend another night on those uninhabited Keys.

Last edited:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Wow. That sounds like a nightmare. Whew man that mustve sucked sooooo bad for the guys who got that shit! :tdown:

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Fuck that. Don't wanna shit myself to death.
We've got the skeeter trucks that spray around the city but it doesn't put a dent in it, at least perceived. I live 1000 feet from one of the cities drainage channels and 3 miles from the Arkansas river. Water water everywhere.
We need napalm

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Cardan shaft or more specifically the carrier bearing took a dump on the cayenne today. No worries. Had the sucker out in less than an hour.
Ordered a new one ups red today at lunch. Order still says pending and no tracking. WTf is up with this? Every time I order something and expedite it, it's on backorder or somehow gets all fucked up and I don't get my shit. I mean frustration to no end. I can't get shit for this thing locally so I have to order everything. I'm just pissed nothing seems to be working out these days. I can't even finish one crisis without the next one happening. Lol fml

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
How many miles on the cayenne?