YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY GRIND MY GEARS? Thread

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
The hardest part of the eventual and impending revolution is going to be pretending that I'm not excited.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Make improvements to said property and dwelling and you get a nice tax increase on the property.

Apathy is what's the problem. As long as people keep electing the same good old boy politicians, this will continue. This is why I rarely vote for the incumbent.
People are generally lemmings.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Our country is in sad shape.

Alter3go

Politics is so touchy and there is never a right answer or a right party for presidency it always seems to be the right place at the right time

Either way u look at it you have two salesman selling themselves to the USA and we sit there knowing they're going to efficiently/inefficiently use our tax money to pay for them to either fix or ruin the country. You're not going to win unless we try out a president for a few months n if they suck try the other one out and weigh the candidates and see whose better... It'll keep them on their toes so we constantly get the best of them.

I think personally we should be all the troops home take care of our own and work on our economy. Stop being world police and build ourselves up. HOW IN THE HECK CAN WE CARE FOR OTHERS OF WE CANNOT CARE FOR OUR OWN. That is literally a fundamental that any halfway decent parent teaches their child

"Watch out for your brother or sister" or "watch each other's back!"

Ahhh salesman are so deceptive and we all know things are too good to be true and we all constantly repeat the same mistakes as a country and fall into a system that isn't obviously working. It'll continue to not work until we free up some time to focus on the US

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Although I really do agree with you [MENTION=2898]RIPsta[/MENTION],
I think it's way too complicated to actually do that. Given this global economy and our presence within it, if we were to pull out, this world would get fugly really quick like. It's like a cancerous tumor intertwined within.

As for changing the country? I call it the car loan theory. Let me explain.
People have sticker shock. They see the price of the car and go holy shit! People stretch loans out to incredible lengths in order to save a few bucks on the short end but pay dearly latter down the road.
What's my point? People seem to like to look at the little picture rather than the big one. They let it chip away at them almost blindly. They never really look at the cost of it at the end... Which is more.
That's what your government does. Chips away at your life, wallet, health and before you know it? Broke and unhappy dying of a disease that the chemicals in Cheetos created.
People need to look at the bigger picture rather than being so fucking narrow minded.

Alter3go

Although I really do agree with you @RIPsta,
I think it's way too complicated to actually do that. Given this global economy and our presence within it, if we were to pull out, this world would get fugly really quick like. It's like a cancerous tumor intertwined within.

As for changing the country? I call it the car loan theory. Let me explain.
People have sticker shock. They see the price of the car and go holy shit! People stretch loans out to incredible lengths in order to save a few bucks on the short end but pay dearly latter down the road.
What's my point? People seem to like to look at the little picture rather than the big one. They let it chip away at them almost blindly. They never really look at the cost of it at the end... Which is more.
That's what your government does. Chips away at your life, wallet, health and before you know it? Broke and unhappy dying of a disease that the chemicals in Cheetos created.
People need to look at the bigger picture rather than being so fucking narrow minded.
[MENTION=1507]Spamby[/MENTION]
i do agree with you as well and like i said no right or wrong answer its all a personality clash amongst parties and what you said about the sticker shock its the same concept almost you just call it something different. its just you have two different people presenting you the exact same info but ones a donkey and the other is an elephant it is just want sounds good to us at the right time and place.

at the same time [MENTION=1507]Spamby[/MENTION] you pay dearly when you elect someone for a second term lol i personally am not a democrat or a republican i don't care i just want whomever is capable to fix the country and due it with some competence. Also you aren't going to win everyone over i just want a president who will take care of his people and not take benefits away from everyone and dip to every little pot that they have their finger in to draw out the "loan" as you put it. Its blatantly wrong and it doesn't improve much it actually makes people resent their own and turn their back.

you're only as good as the info you're privy to my friend and its hard to broaden yourself especially when not everyone is on level playing field. its difficult to not be narrow minded when you're not trying to be.

I think there is not enough buy in from the people that actually live in this country there should be a larger vote on decisions. Not just the people your elect to represent your state or government. That is a lot of trust that he have in one person.

i love lamp!

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Exactly. We vote em in we should vote em out when they fuck up. You get fired when you fuck up so why not them?
Oh, and get rid of the electoral college. Majority rules.
It's also appalling to see the voter turnout. Politicians know this and that's why they keep getting re elected. That and they keep basing their platforms on hot button issues with no real meaning. It gets people stirred up.
Their financial backers don't want the real issues addressed because they would lose money and the politicians too.

Alter3go

it really twists my tits and they hurt. I am going to ice them now. Good talk [MENTION=1507]Spamby[/MENTION] you're the man yo!! (icing tits)

Alter3go

these guys get donations, millions of dollars to market/sell themselves to the the American people and then once elected use tax payer money to set up the next guy to do so.

they shouldn't be allowed to go on a campaign trail they should stay at home and do all their debates from there i wouldn't want to give money to be lied to. they should do a reality show on these guys that run and always have the camera rolling and not tell them and then see who is the better guy lol

This is not fully serious lol

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
And they get elected and serve one day, they retire and we pay for them the rest of their lives. They don't even live by the same damn rules. Elected officials of and for the people my hairy white ass!

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Term Limits, no more pensions and strict penalties for attempted or actual legislative subversion of the Constitution! :rambo:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
:lol: Uh oh...I think I just pissed off one of my neighbors. I feel kind of bad, but maybe now they'll realize that one of their two dogs is pissing off even more people in the neighborhood.

Both our yards are fenced and separated by chest high chain link. Throughout the day, they let the dogs out back and while one of them is quiet and seems friendly, the other seems somewhat vicious. I know that a lot of dogs just have a problem with barking, but this dog is insane. Remember when I was building the fire pit a couple weeks ago? This dog stood at the fence and barked and growled at me for AT LEAST 10 minutes straight. I paid the dog no attention yet it kept it up until it realized the other neighbors dog was in the opposite fenced yard. It runs back and forth along that fence for another 5 minutes, barking so viciously that if I hadn't seen it, I would have assumed there was a Michael Vick party going on out back.

This situation replays almost everyday. I got home from visiting my sister and brother-in-law in Texas today and went out back to water the garden. That damn dog was outside again and immediately started freaking out. I had to be up this morning at 3am to make it to the airport on time and can never seem to sleep on the plane, so it's safe to say I was in no mood for this damn barking. I said to the dog "I've had it with your shit bitch! Shut the @#$% up you psychopath!". Less than 2 seconds later, the woman inside comes out, grabs him by the collar and drags him growling inside the house while giving me a dirty look. I'm not positive that she heard what I said, but it sure seemed like it.

I'm gonna hose that fucker down next time he freaks out like this.

Piratemosh666

The fact that I don't have much time for my friends anymore. I get that life happens, and I'm probably just thinking about it because of the holiday weekend, but it still sucks. Not being able to go to my one buddy's house for some Kan-Jam and a bonfire. Nor being able to go to any car meets. I need to get out.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Whats preventing you? [MENTION=2194]Piratemosh666[/MENTION]

Piratemosh666

Life in general, I guess. My son is a very active three year old an requires a lot of undivided attention, and my wife has no interest in cars period. Nor does she really have the interest in hanging out all day with friends like she used to. She also has some back problems that make her quite uncomfortable at times, so I know that plays into it.

Piratemosh666

Knock.

I hate knock. Looks like I have some work to do. Picked up a used V2 AP for a good price, took it home to make sure it had the latest updates and proceeded to install an OTS Stage 1 93oct tune. Car doesn't like it. Audible knock under boost starting at around half throttle. I could have a boost leak. Not sure. First thing I did was check the plugs - all good there, so I closed up the gap a c-hair. But still it knocks. Next I went and found some Ethanol free 93oct. I've run two tanks of it through the car all with easy driving. Yet it still knocks under load. I have no way to do a boost leak test right now and that's the only idea I have for my next step to take.

So, rather than blow the thing up before I get all the parts together that I need for my turbo swap, I unmarried the AP. I don't know why I bothered, but I'm glad I did in a way. It has given me an indication of just how healthy my car actually is.