YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY GRIND MY GEARS? Thread

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
I can't help it, I'm already in Tax Day rage mode. I could have let it go, but then another asinine radio commercial comes on, supporting the passage of Proposal 1 (Michigan, May 2015). The wording is deceptive---if you have half a brain (of which many voters hardly do)---but ultimately results in an increase in taxes to pay for roadway repair/replacement. A 1% increase on state sales tax and an additional $0.07/gallon at the pump, among other things. One of the statements in the proposal that has seemed to trick most people into supporting it is the idea that, after passing, the proposal would ensure that money collected will stay in the funds that they were intended for.

Well, wooopdy-f***ing-doooo!

So what they are really saying is, "We dug ourselves a hole by mismanaging funds. We robbed Peter to pay Paul, and all we can come up with is a proposal to yet again raise taxes, but this time we promise....pinky swear even....to leave the money where it was originally intended."

Retards. Why not instead leave the money where it was intended and fund transportation maintenance by cutting wasteful programs and frivolous spending. What a novel idea!!!

*End of Rant*

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Thanks for ranting for us. ?

Alter3go

People who modify sports cars and cut corners and leave out bolts and wires that lead to nowhere and take no time to do anything right! Then they get rid of and say screw the next guy.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Yep. That sucks. What's wrong with the Evo?

Alter3go

The power steering pump. Along the way to fixing it. I find unshielded wires hacked up cam cover. Missing bolts amongst other things. I can't wait to see what else I find.

The darn pump on this thing new is 811 bucks. I found one with 20k for 125 bucks though.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
That really sucks. How much did you get your Evo for?

Alter3go

16K was a good deal. That's the only mechanical thing that's wrong. The rest r just aesthetics and little details. Most part it's pretty clean.

cc4e71bd533cd8111469555da0f237ae.jpg

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
16k was a great deal.

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
what really grinds my gears is when you have an event planned and bought tickets for and then realize its the same day as Wicked Big Meet...

:bang: :banghead: :rambo:

SudoSTI

FUCKING IVY. The shit is all over my back fence and then some. The previous owner of the house thought it looked good so he just let it go. Now I try to rip it out as I get time, but three days later the shit is BACK. FACK. It's taken over the neighbors behind me's yard and they don't tend to anything so I'm about to offer ripping shit out in their yard for free so I'm not fighting it the rest of the time I live here.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
The poison kind? Either way, get yourself a good herbacide. It makes it all so much easier to rip out when it's dead and brown. If it's the poison kind, be really careful if you burn a pile of it. The smoke is a toxic irritant and can screw up your lungs badly.

SudoSTI

No, the normal kind. I've read if you can separate sections from the source of nutrients then give it a couple days it'll die off. I found a few trunks and mutilated them with an axe. They fenced off a little area behind my shed that has a few more trunks but they're blocked by some raspberry bushes that my brother is going to come transplant to his house tomorrow.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Earlier today...

Me: (running tests on automotive electronics) "Hey guys, I wanted to let you know right away that these parts are failing. How would you like to move forward?"

Them: "Welllll....they aren't failing per se. They just aren't operating as intended."

Me: "You're f***ing kidding me, right?"

My Coworker: "What are you guys, lawyers now?!"

Last edited:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Was this something you bought?

Me? No. I test automotive electronics for conformance to electromagnetic compatibility/interference standards. We make sure that electrical components like, gauge clusters, electric vehicle charge couplers, fuse/relay boxes, vehicle wire harnesses and so forth operate as intended before going into production for the OEMs.

One of our most visible products is the gauge cluster for the Lexus LFA. The engine revs so fast that an analog tachometer couldn't keep up, so a digital TFT display was used for the entire cluster.

Last edited:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Dear OEM Engineers,

If you could write your test specifications in a way that doesn't make technicians want to quit their jobs, that'd be great.

Sincerely,

Test Technicians

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
when i get called into work 30mins before the doors open cuz one of the guys' wife is sick and needs to go to the hospital..... now that part is fine and dandy it happens... what grinds my gears is when he comes into work anyway and now i have to go home. luckily i only live about 20mins from work but i was up late last night helping a friend work on his car until about 3am (its currently 7:30) expecting to be off today. got the call at 6:30am YAY FOR 3HRS OF SLEEP!! :bang:

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
You know what REALLY grinds my gears? When morons get on the fucking parkway going the wrong way!!! How stupid could you possibly be to make a left onto a parkway with a guardrail?!? Now one of my friends is dead because of these stupid fucking people. Riding his motorcycle minding his own business and hit head on with a car. Tossed off the bike and hit a wall. Like seriously you should never have been allowed to drive a motorized vehicle

And thats all i have to say about that...