02 Frankensubie Monstrosity

Grinder34

Track Monkey
There's a guy in my area with a STI that sometimes trades paint jobs for other goodies. If you have parts lying around, or old ones you took off, you can try to find a similar place to you. Rattlecan just doesnt' cut it IMO.

SudoSTI

The guy stopped contact anyway. I think he lost interest. I'll probably just get a KS Tech scoop delete vent like I planned on before.

Glad to see your car is getting near the running stage Sudo. My heads are still at headgames lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

But when they're done you'll have the most ballin built motor in town! ... on a stock turbo lmao!
It kind of will be comical but a Borg Warner turbo will be in its future lol.

A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.

SudoSTI

I swear I'm still working on it! Finals were last week and I've been having to work overtime to anticipate taking the last week and a half of the year off from work. Plus the holidays make things busy. I've just done a couple bits and pieces as Imve had time. I finished wiring in the fuel pump, wired my gauges (still need to mount them), and installed my alternator belt. Alternator belt was a bit of a pain but less than I was anticipating. In this configuration the alternator tensioner doesn't add a whole lot of tension so I needed to get a belt that was already too small then bring the alternator into position after the belt was in place. I was thinking I would have to grind down the alternator bracket to allow it to be able to drop lower but was able to uninstall the alternator from the bracket, put the belt on all three pulleys, then install the alternator onto the bracket. The tensioner did add a slight amount of tension but I was limited by the intercooler pipe going over the alternator. Tension seems adequate but we'll see.

Also, beer.

SudoSTI

I got irritated with my homework so I took a break and worked on the car a bit. The driver's side rear door wouldn't open so I wrestled the door card off with the door shut, which was a chore mind you. Then I reattached the lock and latch rods on the handle. Done deal. Then I buttoned up my gauge wiring and serial connection for my UEGO wideband and mounted my laptop mount. I should only have trans fluid, compression test, bleed clutch, spark plugs, and tune left. Then I'll be rolling, hopefully the last week of March during spring break!

SudoSTI

Nearing the final stages! Fitted my front bumper and got trans fluid in. I also sold my old Motegis and got enough out of them to get some rough shape stock 05-07 STI BBSs, have them powdercoated, and got a gently used set of stock 2016 WRX tires to go with them, without having to spend an extra dime! Flipping parts like a BAUS. Wheels should be done tomorrow or Wednesday.

So glad they started selling this beer in smaller sizes! One of my all time favorites!

Irish death is good and Mac and Jacks is also another good brew that's on tap near us. The car is looking good I'll have to take a look at your intercooler pipe work closer one of these days when it's up and running.

A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at. (Bruce Lee)

SudoSTI

Wheels turned out better than I had hoped. Pics don't do it justice. Anyone in SE WA should hit up Peter at Armor Performance Coating for powder coating work.

SudoSTI

Whelp, I got everything buttoned up. Clutch done, brakes bled, all connections made, everything was great. Went to crank the engine for the compression test... nothing. I'm getting power to the radio, cluster, gauges, I can hear the fuel pump turn on and prime, but it won't crank. I fully recharged the battery in case that was the issue but it wasn't. I haven't delved too deep into investigating it as I ran out of time but I'm hoping I just made some dork up and forgot a major electrical connection. School starts back up tomorrow but I have fewer credits this quarter so hopefully I can work on it during the week a bit. Fingers crossed I sort it out quickly!