02 Frankensubie Monstrosity

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Does the starter click?

?Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!?

SudoSTI

Don't think so? I was always the one doing the cranking and my buddy said he only heard slight moving of water (I don't have the coolant system completely full as I can't burp the system without a running engine) and that was it.

If you just trickle charged it over night that battery might be the main cause. I know when my subie sat for a while I charged that battery then tried to start it and it did the same thing as yours with fuel pump and accessories but didn't have enough juice to crank it. You might want to try a different battery or hook jumpers up to it then see if it cranks.

Also are all the fuses good and if you pulled any fuses did you reinstall them.

Sorry just giving you the most simple methods before you dig deeper lol.

A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at. (Bruce Lee)

Cold also jump the two big leads on the starter itself. This would cause the motor in the starter to spin but not kick out the gear. If you apply 12v the small terminal on the starter it will spin the motor in the starter and kick out the gear. But yea also try jumper cables on it to make sure there's enough charge. I had to trickle charge my batter for two days when I let it sit for a long time to get enough charge to crank the motor over. Lastly you could pull starter and take it to local parts store and have them test it for free. Oh and most parts stores will charge your battery and test your battery for free as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SudoSTI

I had the battery checked and charged but according to Odyssey this kind of battery if fully charged can sit unused and not on a trickle charger for 2 years at 77*F, longer at colder temps. I mean I'm willing to check everything again, just unsure since this kind of battery appears to behave differently than 95% of other car batteries. I am also probably going to pull the starter and have it checked and go over all my connections again.

I had the battery checked and charged but according to Odyssey this kind of battery if fully charged can sit unused and not on a trickle charger for 2 years at 77*F, longer at colder temps. I mean I'm willing to check everything again, just unsure since this kind of battery appears to behave differently than 95% of other car batteries. I am also probably going to pull the starter and have it checked and go over all my connections again.
The battery is the easiest thing to try and the symptoms you described is exactly what my subaru did when my battery didn't have enough power to crank over the motor.

The fuel pump would kick on the lights and radio would turn on but the starter wouldn't even try to turn the motor. I actually thought I bricked my ecu since it happened rite after I put my car back to stock and reflashed the ecu with my cob ap1.

All I can say is I almost **** a kitten at that moment when it didn't start after the reflash.

A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at. (Bruce Lee)

The battery is the easiest thing to try and the symptoms you described is exactly what my subaru did when my battery didn't have enough power to crank over the motor.

The fuel pump would kick on the lights and radio would turn on but the starter wouldn't even try to turn the motor. I actually thought I bricked my ecu since it happened rite after I put my car back to stock and reflashed the ecu with my cob ap1.

All I can say is I almost **** a kitten at that moment when it didn't start after the reflash.

lol i would of **** a kitten to if it didnt start directly after a re-flash.....

SudoSTI

Fingered it out! Compression test performed! It was cold but 147/143/147/147 Should be ready to rock and roll!

Fingered it out! Compression test performed! It was cold but 147/143/147/147 Should be ready to rock and roll!
Congrats on getting the turd running lol.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I hope I didn't read over it, but I didn't see what I was looking for. Is there any way you can do a write up on that laptop mount, pretty pretty please?!?!?!?! :D

SudoSTI

I hope I didn't read over it, but I didn't see what I was looking for. Is there any way you can do a write up on that laptop mount, pretty pretty please?!?!?!?! :D

I bought it from the guy I bought my spindles from, didn't make it myself. :oops: Actually I'm thinking about getting rid of it. I don't think I'm cool enough to always roll around in cop mode constantly. :lol: I also would like to eventually get a triple pod with the STI Genome gauges to match my Zero/Sports cluster. Would you be interested in it?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Hell yes!!! By any chance, did you get it from STI2NR? He was a member on here and if I recall correctly, he lived somewhere northwest like you. He had pretty much the same exact set up!

How much did you get it for?

SudoSTI

Sure did! He's over in Portland and met me half way. Way cool guy. He put his STI block, trans, and rear diff into his turbo Baja. That thing is a beast. I honestly don't remember how much I got it for, he just kind of tacked it on to my Brembos/spindles as a package deal. He made another and put it into his BajaSTI as well.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Small world! :tup:

PM me how much you want for it!!