05 STI BUILD

I would think that A/C would help (electronics like cold) and the heat isn't hot enough to do any damage.

Looks good! Do you think there'll be much actual airflow out of it?
Yeah i think there will be still enough flow to feel ac on the 100+ days and heat on the snowy days hence why I want to keep it the way it is. There's about half to three quarter of an inch of gap all around the bezel of the gauge.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Then I could do that reverse intake manifold with the scoop mounted air intake. I enjoy my ac too much to do that though.

You, sir, are spoiled by luxury! :tard:

SudoSTI

Yeah... Yesterday being 110* was pretty rough without AC. This weekend is supposed to be +110* or something obscene.

Although if you went reverse intake manifold like a true champion you could still keep your AC. Andy did it on their old shop STI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You, sir, are spoiled by luxury! :tard:
LOL the real luxury is not smelling like car exhaust when you get done with a drive. My wife use to always give me crap about that when we would get done driving my muscle cars lol.

Oh yeah my dart and mustang didn't have ac as well so yes i like my luxuries.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Smelling like gas is a PERK from STi ownership! :tup:

:lol:

I love the smell of catless in the mornings! :tard:

ec7e9aa677d517820fb3913f30a0eaf4.jpg

895885601655d10c8bdc034a82ed0107.jpg

I'm thinking if painting the interior trim flat black kind of like the S204

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Do it!!! I love that look!

I do like that!

I want some honest feedback on this subject I'm really leaning towards picking up a 2004-2007 impreza rs intake manifold that's a DBW throttle and modding it to fit my subaru.

I already have the FMIC and would just have to get the fuel rails or spacers and purchase some 19mm phenolic spacers for the manifold to clear the avcs on the heads.

The main reason I like this manifold is because of how it has pretty close to equal sized runners as well as a larger plenum but the runners is the main reason.

My only concern is do you think the power band will be good with this set up. I have pocket ported heads with upgraded valve train but still am running stock cams with a FP Green as the snail.

I know I will be shifting the power band killing a bit of low rpm power but gaining mid and upper rpm power.

Honest feed back appreciated.

06dc769d0175304395497bec833d66a0.jpg

81ae738232d172686808b2cc4a6ba729.jpg

b7d3319f41c0d835890fc20c408a9c13.jpg

SudoSTI

Not sure if you were even considering it but one possible deciding factor is if you were wanting to go reverse intake manifold. The only one of these I've seen used for that had a highly modified plenum and I believe hood to get that sucker to fit. The manifold is outstanding and actually flows better than the Cosworth on the bench at least. Although because that same reason, prices skyrocketed on these units when word got out about them flowing better than Cosworth. You used to be able to get them for ~$100, last I checked they were more like $275.

Not sure if you were even considering it but one possible deciding factor is if you were wanting to go reverse intake manifold. The only one of these I've seen used for that had a highly modified plenum and I believe hood to get that sucker to fit. The manifold is outstanding and actually flows better than the Cosworth on the bench at least. Although because that same reason, prices skyrocketed on these units when word got out about them flowing better than Cosworth. You used to be able to get them for ~$100, last I checked they were more like $275.
Still around $125 for them if you look correctly.

I'm seriously thinking about doing this and just using the fp till it goes and then go with a rotated BW but not flipping the manifold since I'd still have to re do all my stuff again. I'm just being realistic and figuring I most likely will never rotate manifold since it's just a fabricating nightmare usually. You are correct about it being a pita on reverse mounting this manifold. It can be done but I've never seen it done while retaining the AC.

It's the equal length runners on this manifold that make me want to do it since I'm building it for reliability and I think this could be a modification that can make the car tuned better all around. The extra plenum size is just a bonus.

I'm figuring drill and tap the IAG sensor on the underside of the plenum and it would be an optimal location as well.

SudoSTI

Don't be a bitch, just flip your manifold. :mooning: It wasn't a fab nightmare on my car. As long as you find a legit fab guy and plan ahead. We could do all the actual flipping/hard work and they would just have to run the pipe from where your Perrin kit brings it in the bay up over to the throttle body. All I had to do with mine was the phenolic spacers, extend the wires for my cam sensor, and get a smaller alternator belt. I still have AC. Well a compressor.... the lines are still in the garage hahaha.

Don't be a bitch, just flip your manifold. :mooning: It wasn't a fab nightmare on my car. As long as you find a legit fab guy and plan ahead. We could do all the actual flipping/hard work and they would just have to run the pipe from where your Perrin kit brings it in the bay up over to the throttle body. All I had to do with mine was the phenolic spacers, extend the wires for my cam sensor, and get a smaller alternator belt. I still have AC. Well a compressor.... the lines are still in the garage hahaha.
Yes but there's something about this manifold that's calling my name. I'm down for a but more turbo lag compared to it rotated if it produces more mid and top power band especially the mid range.

Ok im finally pulling the trigger on ordering the manifold this week after over researching the 2.5i and legacy large plenum manifolds.

I'll be purchasing a long runner 2.5i version along with moor fuel rail spacers and ks tech 19 mm phenolic spacers. I will be running stock fuel rails but might mod them to be parallel for better fuel distribution. I have a set of Perrin side feed fuel rails that I might steal the fuel distribution block from and use it to modify the stock rails.

Fuel Rail Spacers

ca8870e1f93adcab82f9ba8032e502ec.jpg

Phenolic Spacers
0718cce080b2deac84075a90e13961a0.jpg

Perrin fuel distribution block if I modify stock rails.
c5ac2190d6ddfb25bff48519fcd87be0.jpg

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
If you guys are interested I can do a write up on this project if you'd like.

Yes please! ?

?Join us as Lifetime Platinum Member today!?

Yes please! ?

?Join us as Lifetime Platinum Member today!?
Ok ill do a picture heavy thread when I get the intake while explaining the process of shaving all the extra mounting points and the EGR valve passage. I'll have to also relocate the coolant expansion tank that sits on the passengers side of the intake manifold which I've always wanted to do since it's one of the other main things to reduce the intake manifold becoming a heat sink. I also plan on using the hole that will be left in the bottom of the plenum for installing the IAT sensor for the map tuning.