05 STI BUILD

Don't like them cracks.

?Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!?
Yeah the crack and I'm noticing in one of the pics there's not a wastegate so that pretty much cuts that plan out lol

A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at. (Bruce Lee)

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
By the way @HolyCrapItsFast do you think the compressor made that graph choppy or just the way they manipulated it because that would be a major concern of mine. I wouldn't want to mod anything that would make it a PITA to tune and reduce drivability especially if I paid money to do that lol.

A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at. (Bruce Lee)

That is my concern also... I couldn't tell you why that is happening but it does seem to happen on spool-up. Take from that what you will :lol:

Ok so I'm picking up a FP Green HTZ with the stock size turbo inlet housing with less then 3000 miles on it for under $600 I hope I'm making the rite decision for a transitional turbo till I go rotated or low mount.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Make sure you thoroughly inspect it and get new seals. I did not head @HolyCrapItsFast 's advice and learned the hard way!

Best bet is a flow test to ensure it functions properly!

Make sure you thoroughly inspect it and get new seals. I did not head @HolyCrapItsFast 's advice and learned the hard way!

Best bet is a flow test to ensure it functions properly!
Thanks for the advice I think I'll just gamble and do it since the guys a member of the local subaru club and installed it on a freshly built motor that then spun a rod bearing 3k miles after the build so he's converting back to stock. I'm pretty sure 3k miles didn't do much wear and tear on the turbo.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I said the same thing with a freshly rebuilt turbo! :tard:

Just make sure the seals and gaskets are good BEFORE you slap it on. :tup: :lol:

OK so I might be able to get a 2 inch diamater cobb upipe for under a 100 dollars. I've heard mixed reviews on larger diameter up pipes and was wondering what you guys think? It would be hooked up to a borland header and a fp green turbo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
If anything, resell it! :lol:

2f7c4988b681c83bf2071b5ffcefbaaf.jpg

84b1df41f110fc84e96fe587ad8d20b2.jpg

Traded my stock VF39 turbo with $275 on top for a FP Green with less then 3k miles on it and a cob intake with heat shield. Im pretty satisfied with my trade since I think I can out on top.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I think you came out on top as well. Make sure that turbo is good before you put it in.

I think you came out on top as well. Make sure that turbo is good before you put it in.
It's pretty damn good just visual inspection shows there's not any shaft play and I know the history of the car. The turbo was installed 3k miles ago on a fresh rebuilt motor but then it there a rod bearing and the individual gave up on subaru.

b50017903c9f03096e4aaeb3903060c3.jpg

I just picked this up with spare tire and jack for my sti at the cost if trading my stock boost controller along with $50 on top so I'm pretty happy.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Wow, it doesn't really get much better than that! Nice! :tup:

The progress of my vent being modified as a gauge pod. This is the stock drivers side ac vent along with it disassembled.

dd8ed6ec6270f312d4853dc197f0c302.jpg

8554e64054cda925b432fc8f44d51e17.jpg

This is the first attempt of it installed by just removing the fins of the inner ring but I wasn't happy with how the gauge bezel stuck so far up.
315f2802786f55966e007276bf4799a5.jpg

ac008c60c42335a6e45700fd25611e46.jpg

181862af7f3295c655fd7d75d1c5c792.jpg

This is how the vent sits atm with more if the vent ground down to recess the gauge. I might still try to find a smaller gauge bezel so it sticks out less. If I removed be any more material it will remove the inner ring in the vent fully and I'll have to install abs pipe to hold the gauge in.

68d135a36936be967a94c1a6aa215a73.jpg

95fe4d0e498f9384af23bc866fe8522c.jpg

3272e676c28984fb2cb2266938e74d93.jpg

I'll probably fill in the gap on each vent piece that touches the bezel with an epoxy and paint the unit so everything matches as one which means I'll have to remove the passengers side and paint it as well.

Well the bezel doesn't look that bad when it's in the other piece of the vent so I might actually keep it the way it is.

0e19f83f4c90417d1f5b944186675ea0.jpg

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Dude, it looks great!

Damn that's brilliant! :tup:

Do you guys think the ac and heater going thru the vent will cause any issues with the wiring or electronics on the gauge? If so I'll install a piece of piping and cap the end off then drill a hole for the wires and seal with silicone.

I really don't want to install the pipe since it's going to take away more usable vent so I'm trying to avoid it but not killing my gauge is more important to me.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I would think that A/C would help (electronics like cold) and the heat isn't hot enough to do any damage.

Looks good! Do you think there'll be much actual airflow out of it?