2010 STI SE 20g-xt CO

RcmaSTI

Because i enjoy driving my car. I have no clue where the happy medium is. This car is fast and can run with all the plethra of camaros hitting the streets and mustang 5.0

Whoa, I dont even remember posting this response! What?! LOL. That was the night I was on some narcotics for back pain.
Oh well, I hope no one took offense to my smart ars comment.

RcmaSTI

It should've been able to more than squash the Camaros n 5.0 before the 20G.....

I beg to differ. Maybe the Camaro SS from a dig to about 80mph due to the STI's weight advantage and awd. No way my stage 2 would touch the new 5.0.
With the 20g I can spank an SS from a dig and the 1/4 mile. I have not rolled with a 5.0 yet but strictly speaking numbers, it would be a crawl away race and the better driver wins; IMO.

But I did something last week and here is what arrived yesterday....:tard:
Dom 3xtr, 8cm2, 3", coated and welded for ewg.

Attachments

• IMG_0054.jpg
    IMG_0054.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0055.jpg
    IMG_0055.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0056.jpg
    IMG_0056.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0057.jpg
    IMG_0057.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 76

STimedic

Nice turbo! I counter-differ as I hadn't had a problem with either one being protuned on the 39 and injectors. My car could also have just been that well sorted and/or the camaro driver being incompetent, but I never had any issues with either even around Fayetteville.

RcmaSTI

Nice turbo! I counter-differ as I hadn't had a problem with either one being protuned on the 39 and injectors. My car could also have just been that well sorted and/or the camaro driver being incompetent, but I never had any issues with either even around Fayetteville.

I have nothing more I can say as I have not raced any and am strictly running by the numbers and other posts on forums.
I cannot believe how many camaros are on the streets; well actually i can. The cool factor towards GM's re-design has faded fast with me. They are around like water. The 5.0 are not so frequent yet in my area; at least from observation.
Took the wife out to dinner last night and she had not been in my car since the mods. I rolled at the on-ramp while she was chatting away---and she stopped talking. When i let off she was like, " Rob, you need to take this to Bandimere". She's a muscle car fan and just paid her respects to my import; that was cool.

RcmaSTI

I just wanted to say I am thrilled Blouch is offering an 8cm2 with that turbo! IMO the 10cm2 that they offered as the only option for years is to big. Good choice in a turbo my friend.

Hey Bud, yeah pretty excited. I almost bought an FP Green/ Element Gt52 but was worried I would not hit my goal. Then it was ATP 3076 on the radar. A couple weeks back I was on Blouch' site and there was the 8cm2 option! I was like, sheet!, and called Blouch and confirmed, picked my extras, and paid for it.

Yeah this will be interesting. Blouch stated that I will lose top end (about 20whp) up top. I'm not so sure and feel optimistic that my EWG will minimize the loss. I've seen several threads where people with 7 and 8cm 20g's and EWG have held their power. The regular dom 3 did pretty well on meth/e385.
Guess I'll be the guinnea pig on July 9th. Harvey and I are going to do the Swap that morning then drive the crap out of it---dialing it in. I'll post that night for sure.

Hey Bud, yeah pretty excited. I almost bought an FP Green/ Element Gt52 but was worried I would not hit my goal. Then it was ATP 3076 on the radar. A couple weeks back I was on Blouch' site and there was the 8cm2 option! I was like, sheet!, and called Blouch and confirmed, picked my extras, and paid for it.

Yeah this will be interesting. Blouch stated that I will lose top end (about 20whp) up top. I'm not so sure and feel optimistic that my EWG will minimize the loss. I've seen several threads where people with 7 and 8cm 20g's and EWG have held their power. The regular dom 3 did pretty well on meth/e385.
Guess I'll be the guinnea pig on July 9th. Harvey and I are going to do the Swap that morning then drive the crap out of it---dialing it in. I'll post that night for sure.

You may loose a little top end but it will be more than made up for in the low end. It looks like you'll have a nice power band. :tup:

RcmaSTI

Well, my Blouch 3 was shipped to Grimmspeed yesterday for their PNP service along with a PNP Throttle Body exchange. The two "might" buy me a couple more hundred RPM spool up over and above the new 8cm2 option from Blouch. Not that I am too concerend with lag; I know what to expect from a 47lb turbo to 55.
Anybody have these pnp services done on their turbo and/or TB ?

STimedic

Schweet! I can't wait to see what numbers you get from it!

I have my exhaust/intake mani's, TB and x-flow all pnp'd/coated via GS and love them. No before/after munbers though.....sorry.

Last edited:

RcmaSTI

Schweet! I can't wait to see what numbers you get from it!

I have my exhaust/intake mani's, TB and x-flow all pnp'd/coated via GS and love them. No before/after munbers though.....sorry.

Was there a difference, from the butt dyno, with the pnp TB?

Paul.c

I'm considering modifying a larger than stock throttle body to have the electronic pieces we use.

When it comes to any of the intake stuff, pnp work will help. I guess what everyone is wondering is at what point is it cost effective and how much will it help.

Is there anything that you are not considering modifying?

jswansti

You should let me know if you decide to hit up bandimere this summer, im looking to go sometime soon. Also I raced a new 5.0 last week and spanked him with a E85 stage 2 protune on stock turbo, although he could've just sucked at driving too.

RcmaSTI

Aside from in house experiences, I have seen a few ported TB's that have issues in the idle remaining stable and it begins to fluctuate quite a bit.

This is usually the result of the taper of the porting not mating with the TB butterfly and not sealing completely.

This the first I have read of this. Engaged Performance is sending me a pnp throttle body through core exchange. Hopefully i' m not one of these experiences.
:?

RcmaSTI

You should let me know if you decide to hit up bandimere this summer, im looking to go sometime soon. Also I raced a new 5.0 last week and spanked him with a E85 stage 2 protune on stock turbo, although he could've just sucked at driving too.

Wow. Was this from a stop or roll? From a dig I think most stage 2 can take or stay even.
Yeah I'll let you know on bandimere.

jswansti

A roll, going about 20 or so. We were the first two cars in a double left turn lane side by side. Took the turn kinda quickly, slowed up till we were even, then we took off. I flat foot shifted 1-3.

jswansti

I was admittedly surprised at first but then i had similar thoughts as jared. My shifting seemed much quicker than his, and the flat foot was awesomely helpful. Were also at altitude, so im at ~300 whp at this altitude, whereas is ~365 is probably a little less from what I've heard about altitude effects on hp.

RcmaSTI

Do all of you on E85 smell it at idle in cabin ? Meaning, I think I'm running way rich in that I smell all around the car, inside the cabin, and worse going from sport to sport sharp.
Might be in the tune; will have to wait until July 9th for that.
I received a CEL cylinder misfire this morning along with poor idle and shake. I reset the ecu and restart. It's fine. I have had 3 CEL's over three months; all at cold start up in the morning. The first two were P0303 cylinder 3 with bogus PFFF and PFFE codes. Gonna go and pick up some new NGK 2309's to start.
The three misfires all did the same: 1) rough idle, 2) stumble/shake effect when revving 3) poor acceleration. The only symptom I have consistently is that it takes a few milliseconds longer to turn over. Hardly noticable but there.
My next step after plugs is to look at Okada Projects ignition amplifiers and/or coil packs. Any thoughts ?