2011 sti stage2 ap issue

aznh0f00l3on

Hey guys, last night i installed my stage2 setup and ran the aem+TBE AC91 map...Anyways i had no problems until i drove home and my hill assist and tpms lights came on. I been trying to research if other people have this issue and some said it was due to a blown fuse. I cant figure out exactly which fuse it is, and i have been messing around with most of them to see if any are burnt out. I called cobb and they said it has nothing to do with the AP and that it has to do with subaru... I really dont want to bring this into the stealership but I'm running out of options! If anyone knows which fuse it could be or have any other solutions that would be great.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Don't have a clue... isn't the car under warranty?

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
I highly doubt it's a problem with the AP being installed.

I'd pull the battery terminals for a few minutes and then reconnect everything and start her up.
If the problem goes away, there's something causing an intermittent issue. I'd bet though, that
you have a blown fuse somewhere. Do you have your factory manual? You should be able to
find which fuses are for what in there.

Were you driving past anything out of the ordinary, like a radio station, airport, electric power plant, etc?

Just trying to rule out intermittent EMI/EMC issues.

aznh0f00l3on

Yah i pulled everything and found no bad fuses. Im gonna just uninstall the map and bring it into the dealer. I just hope they don't find any info that i tuned the car and try to void my warranty.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
in my 07 there are two fuse panels, one in the engine bay, and one sort of by my left knee while driving. I'm not sure if the new cars have that, but it's worth investigating.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I did go under a freeway pass. I'm gonna just pull every fuse till I find it. Ill update after haha

Nah, I was thinking more like something that was radiating some serious wattage, causing an electromagnetic issue. Nevermind that.
Grinder is right, I'd check the fuses under the dash on driver's side (if that's where they are located on the newer models). Pay
attention to the wiring going into the back of the fuse box as well. I suppose it's possible that a wire got kicked loose under there,
while not probable nothing beats a thorough visual inspection.

AWDTX

I also doubt it's the CAP doing it. You're not going to be able to check the TPMS (tire pressure monitor sensor) directly but you can check your tire pressure. Sorry if that sounds like a stupid suggestion but there are some who just don't think to do that. As far as the hill assist light--that typically means that there's a problem with the ABS or one of the coordinating sensors, or just a blown fuse. Check those fuses...even better...change them out anyway to be sure. I've had fuses that looked good but were still bad.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I've had fuses that looked good but were still bad.

SOOOOOOO True.... Always test the fuse with a simple fuse tester or a multimeter
unless it's blatantly obvious that it's fried. Some fuses are more notorious than others
for this issue, but many 'open' inside the plastic case (or metal caps, whichever type)
where you can't physically see it.