500whp build

05STiOwner

I would advise sleeving your block. Sleeve the block, mahle pistons, 10:1 compression, rods, stock crank is good for mid 8s but your choice. Stage 2 cams with springs and tit. retainers. Just throwing that out there

mannyfresh43

Thanks for alot of input guys i appreciate. I planned on keep it a show car/trackcar. I would buy something to drive daily.. I will run race gas for sure in it probley VP and will do water/meth injection as well.. JJ my buddy charley with the black wrx had his car tuned by nate.. He now has 250whp and 302lb tq prob gonna get a tune. Def a big jump..

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Nate is a great tuner. I was impressed with his knowledge. What does you friend have all done to his WRX?

Last edited:

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
Don't worry. I'll post videos racing Austin Martins and all the euro cars :D lol

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
Well I doubt I'll ever be able to get MS109 fuel over here so it'll only be videos of a 436whp build since they do have 93oct here :(

mannyfresh43

hey fellas I also have another question. i am looking to run a straight pipe from the axelback. some are saying dont cuz of no backpressure and others are saying do it cuz turbos dont have to worry about it. What is your guys opinion? rem i am still fairly new in the subaru world and love opinions and help thank you

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
Most of the back pressure is caused by the catalytic converter, not the muffler itself.... I wouldn't foresee too much backpressure coming from the muffler, it's just pretty much sound by design. It will be louder though that's for sure.

mannyfresh43

thank you again i appreciate it. i talked to a muffler shop and they said they can get a flange made and get a 3in piece of pipe for me to run with it for it to be a straight pipe. i know it prob wont ad any hp at all but i will definately stand out more with the boxer rumble :D