500whp build

mannyfresh43

hey everyone, I was recently in a almost fatal car accident about 2 months ago and i am receiving a nice lump sum and i would love to make my 06 sti 500whp or more. i know i will need to build my transmission up but as far as motor what would be a nice setup for my car. I had it recently dyno'd at JSDyno in verona,pa and it put down 285whp and 297lb tq
right now i have a 3inch turbo back exhaust, perrin shortram intake, walboro fuel pump, and cobb stage 2 tune. i have boost, oil pressure and aem wideband gauges as well.

thank you for the help and input

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
About dang time you got on here Manny, LOL. I was talking to Jason and the boys from Moore Performance and I told them my motor budget will be $20,0000. They said I will be able to buy a rocket for that, LOL. Do it once and do it right. Glad you finally made it here. Thanks for your support and :welcome: to the team.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I'm going big or going home, lol.

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
$20,000 for your motor, huh? That's twice as much as I spent on my shortblock.
Same here!!
hey everyone, I was recently in a almost fatal car accident about 2 months ago and i am receiving a nice lump sum and i would love to make my 06 sti 500whp or more. i know i will need to build my transmission up but as far as motor what would be a nice setup for my car. I had it recently dyno'd at JSDyno in verona,pa and it put down 285whp and 297lb tq
right now i have a 3inch turbo back exhaust, perrin shortram intake, walboro fuel pump, and cobb stage 2 tune. i have boost, oil pressure and aem wideband gauges as well.

thank you for the help and input
turbo kit and all supporting mods to include injectors, spark plugs, headers, boost controller, clutch/flywheel is going to run ~10k
built motor ~10k +/- 2k
20k and you should be straight.

cobbtunedsti

First... For $20,000.. Just buy my car???? But all together $20,000 is what it cost!! If you are talking 500whp on a mustang dyno go e85 and a BIG fuel system!!! Mine makes over 500whp on a dynoject dyno!!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Carl for $15,000 I will buy your car. Me and the wife are talking about it. Any word from Cobb?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I can't add, what's the total?

cobbtunedsti

Always figure at least $1000 extra on a full build... At least!!! JJ.. I'm waiting on someone to take me to Plano to drop the car off.. I'm really not sure if I can let it go for $15,700 fixed.. Not sure yet:)

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Yep I hear ya Carl. I figured that.

cobbtunedsti

Jj.. It's still a possibility!! Actually.. A good chance!! What's your number?

cobbtunedsti

Not sure about the hydra??? Talk to Joe @ Slowboyracing.. 100% the lowest prices!!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Well I'm either buying a monster motor or yours.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
So if I was sitting on 20k..... and this is based off of what I've seen sitting around....

Longblock:
http://elementtuning.com/competition-engines/
Element Pro Comp: $6547+ (Installed $7397+): Recommended for Turbochargers 450 whp up to 800 whp and 8500 RPM. You want the exact same engine Element Tuning runs in our ?Unlimited? Time Attack STi then look no further. Whether you want to make 400 whp or 800 whp this will have the biggest and fattest powerband you Subaru can have. This motor is setup to maximize HP from 4000 RPM to 8500 RPM with the addition of our ?Big Valve? head package. Custom piston top coatings, intake manifold, cooling system upgrades, oil pump upgrades, and other parts may be recommended by Element Tuning. We will tell you what you need to make this engine combination all it can be on your Subaru!

Turbo:
EFR8374 $2,049.00
http://www.full-race.com/store/turbos/borgwarner-efr/borgwarner-efr-8374-turbo.html

EMS:
Hydra $2500
http://www.hydraems.com/nemesis/applications.html

Cooling:
AWIC kit with all the goodies... $567.94
http://www.frozenboost.com/product_...=1006&osCsid=9ea540e91534158ac56050d908f5b02f
CryO2 $392.98
http://www.designengineering.com/ca...em-components/cryo2-tank-and-installation-kit

Fuel
Intank walboro $90
A1000 $500
Five-O injectors $500
IXIZ fuel rails with fittings $235

Exhaust:
Headers, Rotated Up pipe, Downpipe, Catback $2000-3000 total
EWG (44mm+) $300-400
Dump tube <$100 local fab work
Electronic Cutout $250-350

More misc
IXIZ Concept Phenolic spacers $55
Metal 2.5rs intake manifold gaskets x2 $30
RS intake manifold $250
Fuji's Conversion kit $100
4" Custom Intake pipe with velocity stack, filter, and maf housing $350
Turbo to IC to manifold piping $200
Miscellaneous Gaskets and Supplies such as t bolt clamps, etc $300
Fluids $150
Stainless steel lines $300
Hallman MBC $100
ACT 6 puck clutch kit $700

This all comes out to $19766.92. I'm sure that I'm forgetting something... but this is a good start on a build list... and I have $225 worth of headroom plus any wiggle room on prices :tard::tard::tard:

(I added the high end of all estimates)

I just ejaculated a little bit

toomes

500whp is the standard goal but many people have no idea how to handle it, maintain it, or drive it. I was there once...no idea how I got where I am now but my car is almost no longer daily drivable at it's power and I just started tapping int the turbo. Just something to keep in mind.

When I put my foot down everything needs be the eff out of my way hahahaha

cobbtunedsti

500whp is the standard goal but many people have no idea how to handle it, maintain it, or drive it. I was there once...no idea how I got where I am now but my car is almost no longer daily drivable at it's power and I just started tapping int the turbo. Just something to keep in mind.

When I put my foot down everything needs be the eff out of my way hahahaha
That's the truth!!!! No more side street racing in town.. Lol Hwy only!!

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
Autobahn perhaps?!?? :D Sorry I had to rub it in.