Anyone have experience with these...? Nitto Invo

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
What do you guys think?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just ordered a set of these, for my summer set. It's getting soooo nice outside
lately, that I just have to get the snow tires off the Batmobile.

235/45-17 (W-speed rated)

http://www.nittotire.com/Tire/invo
(UTQG Treadwear for W: 260)

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
How much did they cost for all 4?

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Coworker has them on his Rex and he says they are decent in the beginning but fall to shit as they age, and age quickly.
Basically nothing real stellar but not total garbage.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
The price became the deciding factory in the end. I find it very difficult to extrapolate
much decent information from customer reviews on tires. Some people don't know
their ass from a hole in the ground and others just don't perceive quality the same
way I do. Some people said they are too soft, but it looks like the Dunlop Star Spec
is even softer. Though these will be my DD summer tires, and I don't commute very
far at all.....I still drive the Batmobile like I'm running from the police, so we'll see
how long they last.

I would have bought something nicer, but I drive 2.3 miles one way, to work everyday...
...so I'm thinking I'll get at least a couple good years out of them, depending upon how
much I beat them up on the track a few times a year.

I also figured, if I get to the point where I'm headed to the track quite often, I'll have to
bite the bullet and get a set of R-compounds.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I have the Dunlop Star Specs and absolutely love them! :tup:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I almost got a set of those. Almost. Those may very well be my NEXT set of summer tires.

ZachTTLM

I know a few people that ran the nittos you posted...they do wear rather fast...and performance drops off quickly once they begin to wear.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Now I'm starting to second guess this decision. What do you guys think, should I switch to a Bridgestone RE760?
I ordered the Nitto's yesterday and they should be in by Friday/Saturday. I'll bet I could cancel the order and get
something different if I act today.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Ryan just get the star specs. You'll love em.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Aren't they EVEN SOFTER than the Nitto's? Remember JJ, I do put a fair amount of miles on my car in the summer.
I don't want them to last me 1 frigging year...lol...you know what I'm saying?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Aren't they EVEN SOFTER than the Nitto's? Remember JJ, I do put a fair amount of miles on my car in the summer.
I don't want them to last me 1 frigging year...lol...you know what I'm saying?

I think they would last longer to be honest.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Wow, really...? I know that the treadwear grade is only really for comparison in treadwear among
different tires of a single brand and that comparisons of treadwear grades between brands is not a
good indication of the tire compound. However, the Star Spec's are listed as a 200 treadwear and
the Invo's are listed at 260. So even though I know those numbers aren't super accurate comparisons,
it still seemed like the Dunlop would be softer, and last the least amount of miles.
Maybe I'll call the guy at Discount Tire here in a few and see what the price difference is on the Star Specs.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I know people who got 15,000 miles out of them easy.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I just talked to the salesman at Discount Tire. The Nitto's already shipped, he's gonna see if he can cancel it without
having to pay double shipping, since they may already be on the way from California. The Star Specs were over $200
a tire. I just can't justify that. The Bridgestone RE760's which were my next choice are being checked on right now,
seeing if any are in stock in the region. They have that "semi-slick shoulder and reinforced sidewall" that has me interested.
They actually scored better in testing done by Car and Driver than the Nitto Invo's, even though they are a bit harder.
I eat up tires really fast. Maybe I drive a little too crazy, but I'm generally taking turns at butt-hole-puckering speeds, so I
tend to wear the shoulders extensively.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Well, I just called Discount Tire and switched my order. Now I am getting a set of Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sport.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Well, I just called Discount Tire and switched my order. Now I am getting a set of Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sport.

How much more where they?

My buddy had a set of them and they wore really really quick, but he drives like an ass, lol.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
+$9 per tire. I guess I'll find out and will then be able to advise on their treadwear.