Anyone have experience with these...? Nitto Invo

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
+$9 per tire. I guess I'll find out and will then be able to advise on their treadwear.

These are much better than the Nittos.

How much was the difference for the Star Specs?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
JJ has a real crush on the starspecs. They're grippy but NOT known for life. I've heard great things about the re760s being a very good blend of grippy and long-lasting. Sure, you'll lose some points on the skidpad, but you can still have fun on em.

Plus, arent the starspecs old...like i thought there was a starspec 2 now or something?

I have the Hankook V12 which i think goes slightly more to the grippy and slightly less on the longevity side and I'm pretty happy with them. I got smoked in the corners on track by a guy with star specs, but I bet I get >2x the mileage out of them! Plus, I got them for under $140/tire. I think i'll get the re760s next...maybe. We'll see!

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Thanks for the info ^

Before you buy any RE760's, let me know so I can give you a rundown on what I think of them so far.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I just checked and the V12 is cheaper than the 760 at the moment (on tire rack). I dunno. I think the 760 is probably quiter, but I dont know if it'll stand up to track days. I've already got 2 full track weekends and two years on my V12 and they look pretty good. They get a bit noisy but still.

Keep us updated though