Assessport issue 2005 sti

ou bobcat

Hello:

I recently changed my battery and was wanting to double check what I thought was my protune.

I plugged my ap1 into the dash and low and behold it showed a stock basemap.

Is there a chance that the protuned was flashed in a realtime map? Of course my tuner closed and I have no way of getting in touch with him.

When i go through my basemaps my protune shows up as number 4 yet I show a stock base map.

Could I have been driving on a stock map for the last couple of years?

jswansti

So when you look at current tune it shows the stock one?

I beliece that there is a sort of "default" tune that can be selected for whenever the car loses total power for a while I think. If your stock tune was set for the default tine after the car is powered up again you would see that as your current tune. If this is true from what I remember and is what happened to you, that doesn't necessarily mean you were driving on the stock tune the whole time, it just defaulted back to that tune after switching the battery.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Can you flash the protune to the car? I agree it is odd behavior to have the car revert to a stock map after a battery change.

ou bobcat

Thanks guys.
I do have the option to flash to the protune. It is number 4 on my basemaps. I'm just a little hesitent because of this little issue that I just cant understand. And of course the tuner is no longer in business.

I'm using the old ap1 so who knows haha. I was thinking to myself that I would of more than likely thrown a cel if I was driving around on a stock map with my basic stage 2 mods??

ou bobcat

Where I'm really confused is why would he tune with a realtime map and then save the protune under a basemap. I'm at odds on whether to load the protune base map or the cobb stage II 93 base map.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I'm not too familiar with the AP V1. Can you log with that?... If so then load up the protune. Drive it around and take it easy and just drive around normal. Log while you do this and post it for us to look at. We can take it from there.