Boost Gauge... Check this out!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Out of curiosity. How much time did you spend making it?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Sexy!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Out of curiosity. How much time did you spend making it?

For the prototypes about three months. Allot of the time is spent waiting for parts to show up at my door so I can't expect the rest of them will be any better.

Thats really cool George! No jokes! really cool man :tup:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
For the prototypes about three months. Allot of the time is spent waiting for parts to show up at my door so I can't expect the rest of them will be any better.

Wow thats quite a wait. Any major obstacles that you have faced along the way?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Who gets the first one?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Who's Ray?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Who's Ray?

An awesome guy that i had the honor of meeting when i visited george!

You can ask george more about it if youre interested. :tup:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Agreed... Mine is no where near the sophistication but I never really meant for this to be a mainstream product. It is a home brew thing I created because I wanted a really accurate true boost reading with baro comp and with features that a tuner would like.

The differences mine has over the VBG-1 is that the VBG-1 applies barometric comp on start up only. Mine does baro comp at every display refresh. Mine also datalogs to SD and allows you to dump that data to the USB for use in a spreadsheet. I can also store variables on the SD card that the user can change if he wants his warning and alert alarms to occur at a different times or if he wants a different message to appear during the opening ceremony. It also has a 0-5v output so you can use it as a MAP sensor for use with a stand alone ECU or a stand alone datalogger.

I need to work on the display though but that is such a long way off it's not funny

Oh and if you want, it becomes a really expensive clock at the flip of a switch :D My car doesn't have a clock so I wanted that built in.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
^
Well thats interesting... Now i need to look into making a custom gauge pod for where the stock clock is displayed.... That might be a better place for the gauge... Do you have dimensions of the gauge?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
The display over all dimensions are 3 x 1.4. The display bezel is 2.77 x 1

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Here is Matt's unit with all the bells and whistles... here is a demonstration...

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Very very nice.

Great job Holy.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Dude! That is sooooo sick!!!!!!!!

What values does it log when logging is enabled?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Dude! That is sooooo sick!!!!!!!!

What values does it log when logging is enabled?

Oh it logs Time Stamp (ms), Altitude (ft), Atmosphere (PSI), Boost (PSI)

I could also log temperature, date, time, system voltage, supply voltage, but I figured that wasn't really valuable data. :tup: