Brandon's 2012 ISM STI

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Can wait to see it installed.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Well little update. Car will hopefully be out in 2 weeks to start with the mods. So heres the plan;

Start with the bushings. Steering Rack Bushings should be a breeze. Rear Diff might be a bit of a tangle cause I do believe I need a press for those. Not to worry tho a good buddy of mine works at the local Subaru shop.
Do an oil change. Ill prob just go back to the Rotella T6 oil.
Bleed brakes. Install new Brake lines, Rotors and pads and then refill brake fluid.
ill rebake the headlights, paint the cut off in both the low beam and high beam projectors. Ill be painting them red so when light hits them it will turn the projectors red :)
Ill take an outline of the trunk liner and trace it out on plywood. Ill cut the outline out and cut into 3 pieces where I will then install in the back of the trunk and then install a dark hardwood.
Once the brakes and all that is done we will then install the new AOS.
Once thats done ill finish the tune on the car. At this time I would hope my wheels are sold and put on stock wheels until the new ones come in.
Ill also paint the sidewall lettering white.
Also get the shop to wrap my Vollkommen fenders.
Once the new wheels come in ill get the tires installed and then my buddy will start to cut the fenders. While he is doing that I will install the air suspension. Thinking about getting a second battery to run the compressor off of and because I will eventually get 2 compressors.
Once fenders are done I will touch up the unpainted area and then bring the car to get wrapped.
Hoping to have this all done by middle of May so I can get a start on the car show season early lol going to be a busy month or so but I think it can be done hopefully.

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
Thats a lot of work to get done. Gunna come out sick tho and totally worth it

And thats all i have to say about that...

Little update;

Got the car out yesterday.

All the parts loaded up in the Ralliart. Well most of the parts. Parts include Stoptech pads, rotors, brake lines and Motul brake fluid, Whiteline rear diff and steering rack bushings, Air Lift suspension, IAG aos and some fresh Rotella oil and OEM filter.

psfkDSZ.jpg

When I arrived at my buddys place.

6OPpJIw.jpg

All the parts unloaded.

bA92Xcw.jpg

and just some bonus pics hah one was my buddys snapchat and the other was a random guy who messaged me on facebook afterwards lol

aMw4JK9.png

5g218iv.jpg

So the plan is this weekend we will start or more less he will cause I have work lol but Monday ill be going in to grab the trunk liner, centre dash and headlights to do a couple projects while hes working. Hoping withint 3 weeks to have it all done and then hopefully my fenders are in so I can get those wrapped. and Monday ill be ordering my tires. Decided to go with the Bridgestone Potenza re760 for my tires.

Ok got some updates again :)
'First ill start with a little bit of bad news but no big deal. After looking at the Air Suspension a bit more we've come to realize the packages where packaged wrong and I got VW suspension instead but thats no odss. Air Lift have been awesome to deal with and should be straightened out in no time.

Next we got to start at the brakes today. Unfortunately I wasn't able to be there due to work but had him show me everything he done. So first off;

Got the car jacked up on 4 stands and removed the wheels from all 4 corners.

75tig55.jpg

Next was a look at my front brakes. They look horrible after sitting out for a month last summer :(

fAYfMZQ.jpg

You can see the old brake lines here in the pic!

e9IH0wr.jpg

Next is the rear brakes and same thing they look horrible and it almost looks like my pads werent evenly touching the rotors..

nWFTbHi.jpg

You can see the brake line here in the rear before it goes into its little bracket.

gpi1QG8.jpg

Next its just a little comparison of the new rotors next to the old. Front rotors on top and rear on the bottom.

mmkICFA.jpg

Just a closer comparison of the front rotors.

qZWv8nd.jpg

and a closer of the rears

uhXCozu.jpg

New front installed

xNNIvDf.jpg

Give the Brembos a quick clean and prep for pad change.

W0d6pQk.jpg

Comparison of the Brake lines. New ones are Stainless Steel braided.

rZvuuk5.jpg

Quick little pic of the brake line installed on the front mounted to the bracket and before the connection.

OzwyYPN.jpg

Brake lines installed on the rear

TRJOsLC.jpg

ST3N3vZ.jpg

Followed by the mounting of the rear rotors.

ST3N3vZ.jpg

That was about all for today. Hoping tomorrow to get the pads in and calipers mounted back up. Then ill tackle either the bushings and take off the mud flaps.

Another update today! I love how fast and smooth everything is going on the installs.

So to start;

So first thing was removing the old brakes pads, so here is a shot of the new brake pads (Top) vs old (Bottom)

SyRX33o.jpg

Close up on the new rear pads

EekBcLa.jpg

Comparison of the New Pads for front (Top) and Old ones (Bottom)

x2oMZLX.jpg

Close up of the new Front pads

Tq1Vj1B.jpg

Bonus Sti shot haha

Uil1yHr.jpg

The whole kit and getting ready to install pads. Install is straight forward when it comes to brakes. The one piece calipers are awesome to work with. Just take the caliper off, haul the pins out on the inside part of the caliper and haul out the internals. Make sure to compress the Caliper pistons back in.

lUrE9DS.jpg

Next was the steering rack bushings. Here is the bushings laid out with the instructions.

xzYdgX7.jpg

Closer shot

fcO6AaO.jpg

Some shots during install

XmL3Qhr.jpg

civzw3E.jpg

Taking the old bushings out

xsi0lTT.jpg

and the new ones back in

5Ra9Z2c.jpg

this is the rear diff bracket. a press is used to get this bushings in and out so bringing it to a shop tomorrow to get that done.

A0QrxMI.jpg

Some other things we got done was the headlights are removed, truck liner is out and the centre console is out. Ill be doing some little projects with that this week and will have updates as I go of course.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Love following you!

?Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
man, i need some bushings in my life. My car's getting old!

I don't miss snow though, i'm glad it's spring here!