Brandon's 2012 ISM STI

Ok guys and gals got some more updates here that ive done while I was off work.

So first we got the centre caps put in the 57dr and and hub centric rings in the wheels and mounted the wheels back up and lowered the car.

WEScnbz.jpg

We had taken the headlights out along with the centre console and trunk liner. Next was to finish the rear diff bushings. So we used a press to get the bushings out.

Q49ldVQ.jpg

Here is a pic of the old vs new bushings

FdaxfMv.jpg

New bushings in

9vQsi9p.jpg

and rear diff mount bolted back up in place

i9v82gN.jpg

Next was a start on the IAG aos. Here is the AOS laid out. What a beautiful product. Instructions are excellent also.

mFmdfQ4.jpg

So first step is to remove the intercooler.

FMUkWCx.jpg

Next there is a line you have to disconnect underneath the overflow tank. Angled needle nose are awesome for this.

pJMwUAT.jpg

3CG5y9S.jpg

Next you locate and remove the PCV valve next to the turbo.

MljqyH4.jpg

Then there is another line that you unclip and remove underneath the intake manifold

bYcnLYo.jpg

vXZTT7h.jpg

PCV valve and splitter removed. My valve had been pretty jammed up with gunky oil. The Grimmspeed aos didnt do its job at all. and what we figure is where the valve was blocked it was building up more pressure and leaking around the seal and causing the GS AOS to not work properly.

wHNP6z8.jpg

Next remove the threaded plug.

dncx1c4.jpg

and install the new plug. used some lock tight to keep it in place.

2jICy3y.jpg

CHmZDmi.jpg

we used a 1/4 allen drive to tighten.

xENeEVg.jpg

Another little project I done was the centre console. Plasti dipped the silver piece. So here the start.

3pGvpsl.jpg

Removed boot and painters taped the sides and front.

BciIHOm.jpg

This is 4 coats in.

WYbM8f1.jpg

after the 5th coat dried I used a razor blade to cut along the STi badge and remove the dip and the tape.

FYikX1g.jpg

Boot in and just need to do a little touch up in the edge.

VvGJ6tR.jpg

other then that I think it turned out alright. Looks better then that cheap silver crap.

I also picked up some hardwood for the trunk and got the 2 angles in the trunk to cut in the trunk. That should turn out ok and im excited for that little project.

Some other little things we are going to fix is extend the fuel lines going to the FPR so I can flip that around and able to see the gauge, also noticed that my oil pressure gauge connections arent making good contact cause the damn nuts came off again :\ so we will lock tight those on this time.

So now for the bad news... I was talking to Vollkommen and they unfortunely had a break in, so there will be a bit of a delay on that but that didnt really matter once I found out my wheels wont be here until june. So going to roll the front fenders and try it out on the 57s

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Wow that AIG AOS is amazing looking. I think That is going to be my next purchase.I also like how you paint job turned out. I like it better than the silver also. I'd like to see it installed. :tup:

Wow that AIG AOS is amazing looking. I think That is going to be my next purchase.I also like how you paint job turned out. I like it better than the silver also. I'd like to see it installed. :tup:

I agree I think the IAG is awesome. From reviews and talking to other tuners/builders it seems the IAG is the best AOS for sure. Its huge compared to both the Perrin and Crawford. Hopefully this fixes my problem. Thanks for the kind words :) it should be installed by next weekend hopefully!

I ordered the street version of the IAG AOS with plans to convert it race down the line. It seems like it is the go to AOS on the market now. Everyone suggests it

Running the coolant lines. Had the line with the elbow come up on the front of the turbo.

gLTlQGv.jpg

9daSIox.jpg

Lines connected to the AOS

OK2nZI3.jpg

Now to run the lines to the crank case

IbFmC7N.jpg

EMx2w8z.jpg

And thats about it for right now. Hoping to have the AOS installed by tonight. Then start with fixing the Oil Pressure gauge and re-plumbing the fuel lines to the regulator and after that possibly start running some of the lines for the Air Suspension.

So another little update.

Hooking up the last of the hoses on the AOS.

4IxpfJs.jpg

So the 3 ports. Top and middle go to valve covers and the bottom going to the block where the PCV valve used to be.

PjCloB5.jpg

KYYeHAF.jpg

The big line on top of the AOS routes next to the mount for the transmission and gets tied down. That is the only thing left for that. So when I get a chance again we will go underneath and do that and the AOS install in complete.

iuTtxul.jpg

Jthh4BZ.jpg

Intercooler mounted back up.

RiASIAH.jpg

Bit tight under the intercooler lol

O5P3rnR.jpg

And the old Grimmspeed aos

YQ6Pi6l.jpg

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Nice job! :tup:

What does running coolant to the AOS do exactly? Does it help with condensing the oil out of the vapor stream?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Shouldn't it say in the instructions how it operates exactly? :lol: How much does the setup cost?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Of course I'm still here! :tup:

That's odd. You'd think the product would come with some sort of information of how it functions... What about their website? $500 is pretty hefty, for me any ways. I'm curious to see your results! :tup: