Coilovers for DD duties?

frankensubie

i love the BC's and have installed many many sets...for dd purposes i'd go with the softer springs if you can , and stiffen the dampers up as you go to suit the situation ( go euro style...stout but not obnoxious spring rates with very good damping ) that way a marble in the road won't feel like a boulder , you'll have very good control...if you feel you have too much body roll upgrade your sways and endlinks. this combo will give you the best of both worlds , acceptable ride quality and good control over nearly any surface. super stiff springs are great on a track but can end up hurting performance on the street , especially if the roads where you live suck.
that's my $.02

FL4TTURBO

i love the BC's and have installed many many sets...for dd purposes i'd go with the softer springs if you can , and stiffen the dampers up as you go to suit the situation ( go euro style...stout but not obnoxious spring rates with very good damping ) that way a marble in the road won't feel like a boulder , you'll have very good control...if you feel you have too much body roll upgrade your sways and endlinks. this combo will give you the best of both worlds , acceptable ride quality and good control over nearly any surface. super stiff springs are great on a track but can end up hurting performance on the street , especially if the roads where you live suck.
that's my $.02

Good advice

sent from HTC Inspire using Tapatalk

frankensubie

If you're referring to my previous post....It's a track build specifically. We have been working very closely with Fortune Auto for a while now and look forward to track proven results! Stay tuned.
was referring basically to the original question on the thread...for track you can't go wrong with coilovers

wfo

Hell yeah coilovers rock!

Spend your money how you wish because that's the way it's supposed, and to be you're never wrong if you've done some homework, asked your questions to qualified professionals. In the end, it's your choice.

To me coilovers are a great addition to fine tuning your daily go fast ride. If you have the small cash reserve buy a quality system, trust me, you will love them.

Just had Cobb Tuning install a set of AST 4100's on my 2011 DMG Cobb Tuned Stage II GR and I love them. Set the front at 4 and the rear at 6 this car stays down at high speeds. Nothing harsh about the ride. Only confidence inspiring driving felt right through the steerring wheel, very connected feel. What a performance ride feel like. I went from a set of the Eibach Pro lowering springs to the AST coils and couldn't be happier. Find somone whose got them and see for yourself.