Do strut bars work?

05STiOwner

everybody has there own thing. I have two ebay parts. Votex and bar. I am impressed with the difference in the bar and the vortex looks amazing.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Well I think I'm gonna get the whiteline strut bars. Cheap mod and will help since I already got the sways and endlinks from whiteline.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
everybody has there own thing. I have two ebay parts. Votex and bar. I am impressed with the difference in the bar and the vortex looks amazing.

I agree. I've found some really great ebay items during my ventures over the years. It's not all bad. It's all about the end result and if you can get there without going broke then your just smart.

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
haters will always hate. my strut bar is jr racing, ebay.
DSCN0728.jpg

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
now, does it work? for appearance ya, performance, i didn't notice anything :/

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Yes I am. I'm now waiting on mine to come in from Jordan @ Defined. I'm gonna settle this question once and for all.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
This is all really going to be hard to prove with out a comparison between different products and actual skid pad data. For me a simple smart phone app that records lateral acceleration will suffice. But if someone just says "Hey these things are awesome! I felt such a difference" I'm just going to keep looking.

I want hard comparative data.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Holy I'm gonna try and do that. Gonna see how much movement we have in the factory strut system before and after. Gonna measure movement is all directions. Hard data will only be acceptable to me. I'm going for only the facts! Stay tuned.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I think there are a couple apps out there that take advantage of the iPhone and others Accelerometers for measuring lateral G's. This would be good to measure turn in since this is the data I'm interested in and is also what the strut bar is intended to improve.

I'll do some research.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
http://hubpages.com/hub/10-Best-Accelerometer-Apps

Make sure you collect and accurate sample of data and statistically filter it. The accelerometer in the iphone is not reputed to be very accurate according to some of the articles I've seen.

Damn... I need to get my car PC working already!

You need to Focus Focus Focus...

on one thing at a time that is, You mad O.C.D. A.D.D. scientist you :D

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Fuji step back and breathe, lol. I can handle this.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
The Rear whiteline strut bar has arrived and from first impressions it seems well built. I will wait till the front one arrives to let the fun begin and let my Fuji out, LOL.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
The rear is half installed and what a pain in the butt to install. More to come.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Carl I'm talking about strut tower bars, not sways, lol.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
So I got the rear strut bar installed and did some test. I will never install that again, lol. More information coming soon.
4563d9b4-0c18-9b41.jpg