Help...My Sti WON'T IDLE

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
That's what everyone is here for. To support and help our STi brother & sister. :)

Bluedemon_II

Glad to hear its something minor. You can take the throttle body out "not the intake manifold" If you do it carefully you can reuse the gasket with some light silicone dressing.

On the other side, piston brands don't mater. I have seen 1k cossworth pistons melt lol.

cobbtunedsti

I was just saying they're forged but I see your point.. I'm just tired of have close calls on this car.. I'm running out of luck:(

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
I posted this earlier but if you look to the left of my "right" blue "nipple" you'll see where it is. I did the drawings before I even knew what was there as I could feel them but couldn't see them lol The two green ones are coolant. The other blue one is another vacuum line but I bet its the one completely under the TB.
TB.jpg

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
dude, first, I love nipples. second, it's easy to miss being that it's hard to even feel being that it's kinda tucked in there. That's why I missed it cuz that rubber line that goes to it was pinched under the turbo inlet (when I still had it) and the stock fuel lines that run under the mani. I undid the tgv bolts a little and lifted up and started tugging on lines and sure enough, that line popped out and I felt like an idiot but I hooked it back up and the car turned on and purred :D Moral of the story, make sure all nipples are getting a good sucking. lol

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Glad it's fixed for you. :)

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
Told ya ;) SAME thing that happened to me :D Did you do it by feel or build the pressure tester?

cobbtunedsti

Both... I still don't know why Cobb would build an engine and put a rubber plug and zip tie on a vacuum line??