Hi! New guy from TX

taurovolta

Hi all.
I just got a brandspankingnew 2012 WSP STi sedan last week (SPT CBE, short shifter). Contemplating modding it at some point.. which makes me feel so naughty considering I haven't even broken-in the engine yet ;).
Anyway just sayin' hi, maybe I'll post some pictures later...

EDIT: Okok, after being without a computer for a week, I finally was able to put up pics.
IMG_0784.jpg

IMG_0785.jpg

Capture.jpg

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Welcome to the team. Glad you could join us. Once the mod bug hits you its all down hill. :lol:

ZachTTLM

Welcome to the group!! Let's see some pictures!! Oh the modding bug is a fun one :)

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Welcome and enjoy! :D

Check out the member's journals and feel free to start your own! :tup:

Robert Viehweger

Daily Driver
Congrats on the new catch! :) Don't feel too bad about it.. before my car had 3000 miles on it, we were already starting with the intake and exhaust. Scott couldn't keep his hands off her. lol. Glad to have you with us, and please let us know if you have any questions with anything, or need someone to get you or put on your stuff. We have the best vendors in the world here!

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Start a journal man! We wanna know your plans. Have you ridden in Melia/T's car yet to get the itch for stage 2 powah?

taurovolta

Start a journal man! We wanna know your plans. Have you ridden in Melia/T's car yet to get the itch for stage 2 powah?

Noooo I haven't yet, but it will happen. I am scared it will ruin the experience of driving my car as-is and make me catapult into an endless amount of modding >_<

Grinder34

Track Monkey
There's nothing wrong with wanting to mod! Im not sure if he has much suspension work done, but you could always start with that and keep your precious engine/warranty "safe." Although many times an off-the-shelf tune is safer than the OEM ones. I'm not sure for the newer ones, but maybe someone else will chime in...or I guess I could search, im sure it's on here somewhere.

taurovolta

Interesting... I've only read about one person with a 2011 or 2012 STI blowing the engine on a stock tune, he claims he drove it (his 2011 sedan) "nicely" for 3k miles before it went bye-bye... my opinion on this is that the engine probably would've blown anyway... needless to say, I've read a lot more stories about people blowing their engines with non-stock tunes on their 2011's :D. So it probably depends more on your particular motor, driving style, keeping up with maintenance, etc, more than anything else. But what do I know?