HolyCrapItsFast... Cyberu belongs to someone else now.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
i am with @Doppelganger, i like the multi guage the best. Only thing i can think of that would make it better is to integrate it with a radio so it all looks seamless. However in the next year or so i do plan on making that multi guage, since @HolyCrapItsFast was so kind, as to put up the instructions for it.

If at any point you needs help I am happy to oblige :D

The most expensive part is the display itself at $130. The rest of it was cheap ebay crap. When it comes time to buy the sensors let me know. I will give you a link to the best ones so far. I went through so many before I found ones that can handle the harsh environment.

If at any point you needs help I am happy to oblige :D

The most expensive part is the display itself at $130. The rest of it was cheap ebay crap. When it comes time to buy the sensors let me know. I will give you a link to the best ones so far. I went through so many before I found ones that can handle the harsh environment.

well i do have one question what setup are you using for air/water separator. Have you documented that setup anywhere? After I re-build my block i can see this as being a good investment as it will keep the air temps stable vs with air/air intercooler.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
You got it. But before I make any more of these, I have to work out the kinks. It seems the past summers sun beating down on it every day has compromised some of it's components so I need to find some better solutions. Also the gear sensing is flaky. Sometimes it works flawless and sometimes it does not and I can't find out why. The odd thing is it always happens when I drive from a particular place and only at a particular time. It happened to many time to be a coincidence.

This is another project that does not use cheap components though. You have to be willing to shell out the cash for the parts before I start building though and the lead time is very long because I can only work on it in my spare time.

I still got dibs on the first shift light

And thats all i have to say about that...

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
Too much wiring for me. Ill leave that work to holy or any other professional

And thats all i have to say about that...

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
You got it. But before I make any more of these, I have to work out the kinks. It seems the past summers sun beating down on it every day has compromised some of it's components so I need to find some better solutions. Also the gear sensing is flaky. Sometimes it works flawless and sometimes it does not and I can't find out why. The odd thing is it always happens when I drive from a particular place and only at a particular time. It happened to many time to be a coincidence.

This is another project that does not use cheap components though. You have to be willing to shell out the cash for the parts before I start building though and the lead time is very long because I can only work on it in my spare time.

no problem at all dude. give me a price and we will make it happen. im more focused on getting the motor done and the car running before i expect to install this anyway so no rush

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I assume you meant to say air/water intercooler? The only documentation I have is what I have here in this thread. If you are referring to the the controller I made for it, I can give you what ever instruction you need to make your own but I need to actually install what I made so far and test and configure it before I am ready to release it as a viable product. Right now it is sitting in my room waiting for my fat lazy ass to get around to installing it. :tup: Right now I have to come up with better logic for controlling the pump speed and flow rate.

well i do have one question what setup are you using for air/water separator. Have you documented that setup anywhere? After I re-build my block i can see this as being a good investment as it will keep the air temps stable vs with air/air intercooler.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
no problem at all dude. give me a price and we will make it happen. im more focused on getting the motor done and the car running before i expect to install this anyway so no rush

I will put together a price list and you can simply buy the parts and have them shipped directly to me.

[MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION]. yes i do mean the air/water intercooler. I am interested in what parts you used for the heat exchanger, storage tank and air/water intercooler itself. Ideally the one i want to build will have an icebox, heat exchanger, variable speed pump, temp sensors to monitor inlet temp from turbo to intercooler, outlet temp from intercooler to intake. heat exchanger inlet/outlet temp and icebox temp. By any chance can you make list of what parts you used for the actual system to start with. Yours was the first one I have seen, but got a good idea of how to build it from various different sites on the net.

i am with [MENTION=2822]Doppelganger[/MENTION], i like the multi guage the best. Only thing i can think of that would make it better is to integrate it with a radio so it all looks seamless. However in the next year or so i do plan on making that multi guage, since [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] was so kind, as to put up the instructions for it.
I'm also thinking of diving in to it as my only Guage other then my AEM AFR

A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at. (Bruce Lee)

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I'm also thinking of diving in to it as my only Guage other then my AEM AFR

A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at. (Bruce Lee)

And you would need to maintain the AEM AFR gauge anyway because it uses the 0-5v output of the AEM to display AFR. You could use it to hide the AEM gauge if you so desire. I keep my AEM out of the way in the glove box. The other alternative is to purchase any other variety of controller without a gauge but I prefer the AEM gauge because it is one of the cheaper solutions plus it allows a back up display should my multi gauge shit the bed.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
@HolyCrapItsFast. yes i do mean the air/water intercooler. I am interested in what parts you used for the heat exchanger, storage tank and air/water intercooler itself. Ideally the one i want to build will have an icebox, heat exchanger, variable speed pump, temp sensors to monitor inlet temp from turbo to intercooler, outlet temp from intercooler to intake. heat exchanger inlet/outlet temp and icebox temp. By any chance can you make list of what parts you used for the actual system to start with. Yours was the first one I have seen, but got a good idea of how to build it from various different sites on the net.

I got almost everything I needed from frozenboost.com except some of the smaller parts and the charge piping. My friend custom welded that for me.

Here are some of the major parts...

Intercooler:
http://www.frozenboost.com/air_wate....html?osCsid=5c6f7c4a86b87d05e05ac8a8132839f5

Heat exchanger:
http://www.frozenboost.com/water-to-air-heat-exchanger/air-to-water-heat-exchanger-p-1026.html

Radiator Cap assy:
http://www.frozenboost.com/liquid-air-adapter/remote-radiator-filler-cap-p-1598.html

Pump:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Mustang...ash=item3aa12c3e00:g:-X8AAOSw1vlUyejt&vxp=mtr

6" Radiator fans x4 (for the heat exchanger at low vehicle speed):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Dia-12-Vo...ash=item2a5a411531:g:Z7EAAOSw~bFWHmcb&vxp=mtr

The rest of it such as fittings, hoses, couplers and piping, you will have to customize your self.

For controlling everything like the pump speed and the fans, my controller does all that and I can just make that for you when the time comes. The controller monitors air speed and outside temperature for controlling fans when the air speed is less than 15 miles per hour and the outside temperature is greater than 60* thereby preventing heat soak or loading of the heat exchanger due to no air flow. To control the pump speed, it monitors the water flow rate, in/out temps of the heat exchanger and in/out temps of the intercooler and ambient temperature and "some logic" derives the pump speed. I say "some Logic" because I have yet to create and test that logic. I need to understand heat exchanger theory a little better. Display wise it shows one screen with intercooler efficiency and another with energy transfer through the heat exchanger in BTU plus water flowrate.

***EDIT*** Oh it also controls the water sprayer when delta temps are very low and/or out side temp is above 90*

Last edited:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
If you were looking to get rid of the guage all together, you could go with something like this.

http://aemelectronics.com/products/...el-gauges/x-wifi-wideband-uego-afr-controller

or a bit older this:
http://www.amazon.com/AEM-30-2310-Inline-Wideband-Controller/dp/B0032VWWMS

has all the functionality you want from the UEGO but no gauge so you can use your own output display/logger etc.

Exactly what I was thinking... But still for the price I would rather pay $170 for the complete gauge and just hide it away. If those were comparable in price, I would do those instead. Especially the WiFi enabled one.

I got almost everything I needed from frozenboost.com except some of the smaller parts and the charge piping. My friend custom welded that for me.

Here are some of the major parts...

Intercooler:
http://www.frozenboost.com/air_wate....html?osCsid=5c6f7c4a86b87d05e05ac8a8132839f5

Heat exchanger:
http://www.frozenboost.com/water-to-air-heat-exchanger/air-to-water-heat-exchanger-p-1026.html

Radiator Cap assy:
http://www.frozenboost.com/liquid-air-adapter/remote-radiator-filler-cap-p-1598.html

Pump:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Mustang...ash=item3aa12c3e00:g:-X8AAOSw1vlUyejt&vxp=mtr

6" Radiator fans x4 (for the heat exchanger at low vehicle speed):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Dia-12-Vo...ash=item2a5a411531:g:Z7EAAOSw~bFWHmcb&vxp=mtr

The rest of it such as fittings, hoses, couplers and piping, you will have to customize your self.

For controlling everything like the pump speed and the fans, my controller does all that and I can just make that for you when the time comes. The controller monitors air speed and outside temperature for controlling fans when the air speed is less than 15 miles per hour and the outside temperature is greater than 60* thereby preventing heat soak or loading of the heat exchanger due to no air flow. To control the pump speed, it monitors the water flow rate, in/out temps of the heat exchanger and in/out temps of the intercooler and ambient temperature and "some logic" derives the pump speed. I say "some Logic" because I have yet to create and test that logic. I need to understand heat exchanger theory a little better. Display wise it shows one screen with intercooler efficiency and another with energy transfer through the heat exchanger in BTU plus water flowrate.

***EDIT*** Oh it also controls the water sprayer when delta temps are very low and/or out side temp is above 90*

Noticed you didn't have an ICEbox on your list of components for your setup. Any reason for this? I was thinking that an icebox in the trunk with the pump mounted near it. This way could have a storage for the water, and possible ice for track days, that would be easier to fill than using a radiator cap assembly. Any thoughts on this. Also keeps the pump away from the heat of the engine bay should increase the life of the pump.

Exactly what I was thinking... But still for the price I would rather pay $170 for the complete gauge and just hide it away. If those were comparable in price, I would do those instead. Especially the WiFi enabled one.

Yea I know right, now if the WiFi enabled one only had two or Three more EGT hookup's it would be worth it. At that price as you could run an EGT for all 4 exhaust ports from headers plus down pipe temp.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Right... You can never find a product that does exactly what you want. Hence the reason I have resorted to making my own stuff! :tup:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Noticed you didn't have an ICEbox on your list of components for your setup. Any reason for this? I was thinking that an icebox in the trunk with the pump mounted near it. This way could have a storage for the water, and possible ice for track days, that would be easier to fill than using a radiator cap assembly. Any thoughts on this. Also keeps the pump away from the heat of the engine bay should increase the life of the pump.

It was preference for me. I don't think I will ever have a reason to need an ice box because I never use my car for anything other than driving on the street. I chose a closed system design much like a cooling system in a car so there is no need for tank other than having an overflow tank which i have mounted on the passenger strut tower near the fire wall. There is never a need for me to fill up the system because the overflow takes care of that and all I have to do is check that level every now and then and fill it when necessary. So far I have never had to remove the radiator cap for the purpose of filling the system.

It saves me the added weight of the extra hose, the extra water and the tank itself. For a chiller effect I can put alcohol in the water sprayer and that has the potential to cool the heat exchanger below ambient temp.

It was preference for me. I don't think I will ever have a reason to need an ice box because I never use my car for anything other than driving on the street. I chose a closed system design much like a cooling system in a car so there is no need for tank other than having an overflow tank which i have mounted on the passenger strut tower near the fire wall. There is never a need for me to fill up the system because the overflow takes care of that and all I have to do is check that level every now and then and fill it when necessary. So far I have never had to remove the radiator cap for the purpose of filling the system.

It saves me the added weight of the extra hose, the extra water and the tank itself. For a chiller effect I can put alcohol in the water sprayer and that has the potential to cool the heat exchanger below ambient temp.

Did you reroute your water sprayer from the TMIC area to the Front mount heat exchanger?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Did you reroute your water sprayer from the TMIC area to the Front mount heat exchanger?

That is the plan... I am waiting to install my replacement lip. The sprayer nozzles will be mounted in that