Inexpensive, aftermarket seats

yamahaSHO

69"... Don't' really know my exact waist as it depends on who is measuring. Based off my last PT test, 32" waist. I had to use spacers to bring the seat up, you likely would not need to do that. I also had the regular version. My dad had the wider version and they did not hold me well.

Personally, I'd buy new unless the used one is mint.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Well at 5'9" you wont ever have a problem. :lol: gonna have to find someone local with a seat so i can try out

yamahaSHO

In comparing waste size, I don't think you will either. It's generally not user height that makes the seat uncomfortable. Even with your height, I'm guessing my shoulders are a bit more broad. I'm willing to bet the seat fits you fine... You're already using a crappy STi seat.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
The problem lies in the height of the seat. I have my seat in the lowest, furthest back setting. I'm willing to bet 6'8" would fit okay as well, but anyone taller than that should not be getting an STi. :lol:

Alter3go

Not in the unfortunate event of a crash. Seen too many bad reviews where the seat brakes apart in a crash cause its so cheaply made. Forget that crap.

Not all of them are cheaply made...

Have you personally sat down in a fixed seat? As long as it will fit me ill be fine with one. Im not sure how supportive it is on the back. Even the stock seat hurts my back sometimes after 4+ hour cruises. Whats a rough cost of a cheapo fixed position seat?

If you're find a "cheapo" seat what's the the difference between a replica and cheapo. There are some seats out there that still fit the bill and doesn't matter if you have a good seat or a replica. A crash is a crash and most after market seats are made to be anchored to a a roll cage or crash bar along with aftermarket harnesses . Also not many people mount them correctly anyway. Unless you're going for looks and a bit of function, but do you plan on getting the harness and roll and mounting them to it?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Cheapo doesnt necessarily mean replica. A used "steal" of a good brand is a cheapo seat. Ive seen some pretty cheap bars and harnesses so if i do come across a deal then for sure.

I dont care if i buy used as long as the item is in extremely good condition. I mean if i wanna sell something i bought new as a used item, i will take great care of it. And for the record, all my shit is in prestine condition. If it isnt, then its garbage! :lol: