GD Jswansti's 06 WRB STi

jswansti

I want corn juice :(

I know, I can't wait! The gas station a mile from my work just started distributing E85 :D I should be putting down 300-320whp on E85, 280-290 on 91 after the tune. The tuner said guessing the trq would be a bit harder but hes shooting for 350-380 i think. Looks like it'll be in January.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I know, I can't wait! The gas station a mile from my work just started distributing E85 :D I should be putting down 300-320whp on E85, 280-290 on 91 after the tune. The tuner said guessing the trq would be a bit harder but hes shooting for 350-380 i think. Looks like it'll be in January.

I run 100 Octane! Yummie.

jswansti

Its official! Ordering cobb tbe next week and scheduling a day for harvey to install dw850 injectors walbro fuel pump and tune.

jswansti

Gonna order the COBB tbe, heat shield, and Perrin Afta Maf hose for my APS 65mm intake today!! Can't wait to get this stuff on. Hopefully schedule a tune for mid January, probably a Monday so I can put the exhaust and intake on the weekend and take Monday off work to go to the tuner.

jswansti

Got registration renewal stuff in the mail today and I have to go get emmissions tested. ugh. I know i'll pass its just so inconvenient! Getting my oil changed tonight since its been about 4500 miles or so. Thoughts on Castrol synthetic oil? I've used Mobil 1 forever but might be changing it. I know Rotella is popular, but haven't heard much about the Castrol brand synthetic.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Go Amsoil!

jswansti

I hear good things about AMSOIL, but i have time issues right now and can't get it. I normally do my own oil changes but I literally can't do it myself any time soon and it needs to be done this week. So i'm going to a place (its reputable) to get it changed quickly and they use Castrol EDGE synthetic oil. Good chance I switch to AMSOIL the next time I do it myself though! But it is a bit expensive....

Paul.c

Do you plan any auto-x or track days this year? Oil choice should also be decided by these factors.

jswansti

I'll keep that in mind! My COBB tbe, heat shield, and Perrin AFT maf hose are on the way to my house now! Cant wait to get them on the car. Thanks Defined Performance!!

Paul.c

awesome! Get some good pics of the install and possibly submit a How-to........We need some good how-tos, especially the simple things like those you will be doing. Either way take lots o pics.

jswansti

Haha, will do! Never done a tbe or heat shield but i've done exhasut on other cars and my brother went to UTI and is gonna help me. My dad has a lift and my brother has impact guns so it shouldnt take too long!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Awesome jswansti! Gonna have to post that once your stuff arrives!