GD Jswansti's 06 WRB STi

jswansti

So it snowed here yesterday and all last night but not enought to make me worry about plowing through it with my front lip and messing it up....until a giant truck in front of me drops an ice/snow chunk from his under carriage right in front of me :evil:. Looks like it just pulled it down a little bit right in the middle, gotta tighten a few screws back up and hopefully it'll be all better.

jswansti

Just got the heat shield and perrin hose! Cat back comes tomorrow and install this weekend. Scheduled the tune for tuesday the 18th!

jswansti

^I agree. So does anyone know if the SPT heat shield will still fit when I install the APS 65mm intake? I know that the APS is a cai but i figure the heat shield could keep some engine heat away from the inlet elbow. If not its no big deal.

jswansti

Got the Catback today, install on Staurday and tune on Tuesday! Got a little surprise with the deliveries...2 COBB heat shields!! That'd be helpful if I had a sweet twin turbo setup, but I think I owe one to Defined haha.

Also: Do I need to replace the dp to turbo gasket when putting om the new dp?

Last edited:

jswansti

Thats what I was thinking. My only issue is that Subarus hours dont conicide with my work hours since they are pretty much the same so getting one is a bit of a hassle. Might just go Saturday morning or possibly tomorrow morning right as they open. Also have to get my emissions test done tomorrow morning. Ugh.

BadlandsRacer

If you're worried about it sealing, clean it off with some parts cleaner and use copper gasket on the old gasket and you should be fine. Almost all the local parts stores around here have the spray on copper gasket.

Use his idea, he's smarter than me. :lol:

icudruln

So it snowed here yesterday and all last night but not enought to make me worry about plowing through it with my front lip and messing it up....until a giant truck in front of me drops an ice/snow chunk from his under carriage right in front of me :evil:. Looks like it just pulled it down a little bit right in the middle, gotta tighten a few screws back up and hopefully it'll be all better.

:lol: I rock the lip in winter too, since I don't drive the STi all the time. Who are you getting tuned by?

jswansti

:lol: I rock the lip in winter too, since I don't drive the STi all the time. Who are you getting tuned by?

Harvey at the boost creep ltd off I-25 and highway 66. He is like five minutes from my parents house, which is where im installing the exhaust, so its super convenient.

Didn't check the site last night and picked up an oem gasket this morning since i hadnt read the copper seal idea. Oh well I guess, but thanks for the info! Im not gonna replace the donut gasket since i hear it should be fine, even though i'm close to 70,000 miles. I hate that my STi is my DD, but love it at the same time. Also passed emissions this morning, woohoo!!

jswansti

Pic of the emissions testing

607520625_2167074501_0.jpg

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Post a write up in the tuner review section in the forum after your tune is done. :)

jswansti

So after a hard pull on my way home the car started smoking a lot under the hood. My radiator hose disconnected on the engine side I found out after pulling over. Should I be worried about the car running for a minute with the hose off?? Potential ddamage? I was freaking out. Thanks for help!

jswansti

Temps were alright. Thank god its like one degree out. Going to get coolant now. It was the radiator hose right up front. The end connected ftp the radiator came off.

jswansti

Just limped into subaru dealership. After adding a bit of fluid and started heading home the temp gauge made its way almost into the hot area. Ugh!!!

Last edited: