GD LJ's E85 STi: Addicted To Suspension Mods!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
LJ you get stickers?

joey.lisano

Yeah, I think package 2 is the wiser choice even though I just installed coilovers and know what they can do to transform the car. IMHO, you have to do all the little things first - bushings, braces, sway bars. You will be amazed at the incremental difference with each new mod. Then when you blow the bank on coilovers, it'll transform a mean DD into a race car (depending on your spring rates). The coilovers can't do their job if you have squishy bushings and a flexing chassis.

icudruln

Yeah, I think package 2 is the wiser choice even though I just installed coilovers and know what they can do to transform the car. IMHO, you have to do all the little things first - bushings, braces, sway bars. You will be amazed at the incremental difference with each new mod. Then when you blow the bank on coilovers, it'll transform a mean DD into a race car (depending on your spring rates). The coilovers can't do their job if you have squishy bushings and a flexing chassis.

I'm about dead set on package 2. I'll see what happens. I'm STILL waiting on the damn IRS...my mail man sent it back to them for some reason, so they had to re-send it out. Won't be here until May1-13th....I still want those mounts if you're willing to hang on to them until then Joey!

Other than the stickers going on the car, the STi is parked until my tuner can take a look at it. I pulled a datalog, and I'm still getting the same thing (P0371 Bank 1 System too Lean), but no more Cylinder 1 Misfire after replacing the coil pack. I don't care to drive it while its broken, let alone fry another one of those front A/F sensors at $172! :tdown:

As soon as the car is running right, I'll put on the tranny crossmember bushings, ALK, and front sway bar and endlinks. I haven't even gotten to enjoy the rear suspension mods yet :(

Last edited:

icudruln

Retune is scheduled for May 3rd at 9:15 AM. Tuner thinks it needs adjustments given the issues I'm having. We'll see how it goes!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I love it. LJ post that to IGOTASTi on Facebook for me.

Last edited:

CFEJ257

Come help me move tomorrow after work! Lol only if you want we may be done but we could prolly do my plugs to. Ill text you.